Rogue One - A Star Wars Story | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Rogue One - A Star Wars Story

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's basically a prequel of A New Hope that takes place after Episode III. They took the opening crawl of A New Hope and told that story.
il_fullxfull.613435757_qx06.jpg

I never saw New Hope. I just don't understand the "a Star Wars story" sub. Did New Hope have such a sub?
The tag of "A Star Wars Story" is Lucasfilm telling people that this is a stand-alone spinoff, and not a continuation of the story told in The Force Awakens. They are planning more spinoffs to come out every other year a main episode film doesn't.

Then how was... I am so confused. Could someone list the synopsis and order of films thus far. I saw the first film way back and became a 12 year old girly fan boy even though I wasn't 12. After that, Lucas kept pooping his pants and I lost interest.

Really liking the new trailer with more of the backstory and plotlines.
I wonder if they will take us right up to where the plans are handed to Leia.
Could they use a CGI Carrie Fisher for this? (Like young Stark/Downey in that Civil War scene)

On a tech note, still not sure why the used Ultra Panavision lenses for this unless they are planning on a special showing besides the normal ones.

I'm still wondering how the Bothans are going to be worked into this. I don't think we've seen them yet.

This would have taken place in the darkest time of the story arc. The jedi are killed off, Vader is terrorizing the galaxy, the empire is in full strength and are building a super weapon. There was no hope so to speak for the galaxy at this point. Anything but a dark movie wouldn't fit here.

Now whether it'll be a good movie or not is still to be sen.

This would have taken place in the darkest time of the story arc. The jedi are killed off, Vader is terrorizing the galaxy, the empire is in full strength and are building a super weapon. There was no hope so to speak for the galaxy at this point. Anything but a dark movie wouldn't fit here.

I'm most excited to see Vader in his prime.

Understood, and I think it has the potential to be a really good flick, just not my cup of tea for a franchise that has typically been about rousing space adventures. It should be worth noting that "Revenge of the Sith" is my least favorite Star Wars movie just because it was pretty depressing all around. To me, it's like doing a Harry Potter spin-off about the first Wizarding War and Voldemort's original rise to power. However, I recognize that I am definitely in the minority on this one and the film will do gangbusters nonetheless as people (myself included) eagerly await Episode VIII.

Understood, and I think it has the potential to be a really good flick, just not my cup of tea for a franchise that has typically been about rousing space adventures. It should be worth noting that "Revenge of the Sith" is my least favorite Star Wars movie just because it was pretty depressing all around. To me, it's like doing a Harry Potter spin-off about the first Wizarding War and Voldemort's original rise to power. However, I recognize that I am definitely in the minority on this one and the film will do gangbusters nonetheless as people (myself included) eagerly await Episode VIII.

How do you rate The Empire Strikes back out of curiousity?

How do you rate The Empire Strikes back out of curiousity?

Without trying to diverge this thread too much, my rankings are IV,V,VII,II,VI,I,III. Empire ranks pretty high because it brought deeper and darker themes while still interjecting light-hearted banter and funny moments from A New Hope.

Reactions: Scott W.