Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rumor: New Epcot Resort

Jan 31, 2013
WDWNT is reporting that there is a project in development to build a resort either at the monorail base at the entry to Epcot or in a section of land by The Seas and Land pavilions.
Anyone heard about this?
The first option would require a major overhaul to Epcot's entry plaza (which it sorely needs BTW) but I think it would take away, rather than enhance, the awesome views of SSE. Another monorail/luxury resort would be great, but with all the other options on the WS side (and proposed expansion of the Swan and Dolphin) is it really necessary given their current attendance?

MOD EDIT: As of 2/5/18, the SFWMD is working to approve Disney's plans for an Epcot resort.

Last edited by a moderator:
WDWNT is reporting that there is a project in development to build a resort either at the monorail base at the entry to Epcot or in a section of land by The Seas and Land pavilions.
Anyone heard about this?
The first option would require a major overhaul to Epcot's entry plaza (which it sorely needs BTW) but I think it would take away, rather than enhance, the awesome views of SSE. Another monorail/luxury resort would be great, but with all the other options on the WS side (and proposed expansion of the Swan and Dolphin) is it really necessary given their current attendance?

apparently there's already land cleaning behind the seas if I'm not mistaken?

Anyone heard about this?

There’s been a steady hum of an Epcot adjacent resort for a few years now, possibly to look into the park for Illuminations. I don’t see why Disney would do this after the Vegas shooting.

There’s been a steady hum of an Epcot adjacent resort for a few years now, possibly to look into the park for Illuminations. I don’t see why Disney would do this after the Vegas shooting.
With a much smaller, dispersed crowd and a vast distance between front of park and the lagoon area, I don't see that as an issue.
On the other hand, would the proposed expansion of the Swan/Dolphin be a more credible issue?

I wish they had monorails connecting all parks, but the company is so anti monorails now that I think we'll see transportation gondola lifts before we ever see another monor..... :look: oh wait!

There was a water permit recently that for exploratory borings in the unused land on the North west side of Epcot. May be related.

I don't think balconies in state rooms are done because of one unfortunate incident. They could also opt out of adding balconies to these altogether.

Magic Feather over on Magic is confirming that the new hotel is a go and will be in one of the three locations discussed. That would be left, right and center of the entrance..... FWIW

Would it be feasible to have luggage scanned for all guests? You can't carry a sniper rifle out in the open; luggage is the only place to hide it.

So let me get this straight:
> Hotel lobby/entrance behind the living seas.
>Two towers to the left and right of the entrance with a few rooms or maybe just a bridge to connect both towers while the park entrance is to the bottom.

So let me get this straight:
> Hotel lobby/entrance behind the living seas.
>Two towers to the left and right of the entrance with a few rooms or maybe just a bridge to connect both towers while the park entrance is to the bottom.
No, three possible locations. Center framing Spaceship Earth, right of center or left of center. I think right of center will win out and they move the buses.

They still have a location out by the monorail for the future. It has been talked about for years.

First of all, it's DVC I believe, and DVC Resorts are required to have balconies. It's written into the contracts.

Secondly, are we just supposed to stop building any hotel with balconies because of that? What happened was horrible, but I don't want any company to stop building projects because of it.

How does this change my thought? Those were designed and built before any of that.
Just because it was built before doesn't mean someone couldn't do the same thing to VB as they did in Vegas. But if they did, Comcast isn't just going to close the hotel and tear it down. They would simply up security.

You're acting like the solution to mass shootings is to stop building high rises all together, which is ridiculous.

If bad people want to do bad things, they'll find a way. It's just the way it is in America until congress actually passed something to start doing a better job regulating firearms and more thorough background checks.

The hotel in Vegas didn't have balconies, the shooter smashed out the window. There's nothing that would stop that.

That makes sense actually. I forgot Vegas is low on balconies because of the possible suicides.

If bad people want to do bad things, they'll find a way. It's just the way it is in America until congress actually passed something to start doing a better job regulating firearms and more thorough background checks.

I'm going to try not to make this political, but your statement is just wrong and contradicts itself. You say that bad people will find a way but then try to make it about gun control. Gun control will stop nothing.

Timothy Mcveigh and 9/11 say Hi.

If bad people want to do bad things, they'll find a way. Should have just left it right there.

I'm going to try not to make this political, but your statement is just wrong and contradicts itself. You say that bad people will find a way but then try to make it about gun control. Gun control will stop nothing.

Timothy Mcveigh and 9/11 say Hi.

If bad people want to do bad things, they'll find a way. Should have just left it right there.
My statement doesn't contradict itself as they were two separate thoughts. Yes, bad people will find a way to do bad things if motivated enough. I never said gun control will stop everything as it won't, but it sure is a good place to start.

Sorry that this got slightly politcal. Since I don't want this thread to spin out of control...

:topic: