Rumor: New Epcot Resort | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Rumor: New Epcot Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hate the bad people will find a way argument against sensible gun control... Why have any laws at all then because people break them all the time.

Also I hope they don't use the center location. I really think it will F up the site lines.

I hate the bad people will find a way argument against sensible gun control... Why have any laws at all then because people break them all the time.

Also I hope they don't use the center location. I really think it will F up the site lines.
To be completely clear, I was in no way arguing against sensible control. Quite the opposite actually.

No I got what you were saying, I was responding to whoever responded to you. I don't mean to get political and I don't know the "right" answer or if there is an answer, but I don't think the answer is "we shouldn't even try because bad people will find a way" . I think their can be compromises made to at least attempt to deter things like Vegas happening that I think most people could agree with but, I have been proven wrong many times in the past.....

Now about that EPCOT hotel.... I hope they play the future world music in the lobby... and I hope it's not an ugly un-themed concrete tower

Reactions: tankart150
I'm wondering if they will relocate the bus/drop-off area to the center of the entrance and create a better setup for screening at the base of the monorail station there?
I'm thinking they would possibly use the existing monorail station and have an enclosed, raised walkway to access the new resort. Even shifting parking over to the other side (right), moving security farther out should make access just as easy.

The NoC's that WDWNT is using in their recent article as evidence for this project starting soon have literally nothing to do with a new resort. I really wish websites would do a little bit of research or try to form a basic understanding of how the permitting process works... but I digress.

That's not to say there isn't a resort project in the works... Just pointing out that these 27 permits filed today by a small general contractor referencing 27 different addresses all throughout EPCOT (as well as a few dozen others with address at other resorts/parks) are definitely not for a new hotel. They're likely for some kind of infrastructure upgrade project or something else that will be completely invisible to guests.

The NoC's that WDWNT is using in their recent article as evidence for this project starting soon have literally nothing to do with a new resort. I really wish websites would do a little bit of research or try to form a basic understanding of how the permitting process works... but I digress.

That's not to say there isn't a resort project in the works... Just pointing out that these 27 permits filed today by a small general contractor referencing 27 different addresses all throughout EPCOT (as well as a few dozen others with address at other resorts/parks) are definitely not for a new hotel. They're likely for some kind of infrastructure upgrade project or something else that will be completely invisible to guests.

What are you talking about, this resort will have the ToT bar in it!

Somebody commented on the article from WDWNT that the permits could be for the food stands for the Food and Wine festival...do they really need to file permits to set those stands up?

Reactions: tankart150