Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rumor: New Epcot Resort

I’m open to the idea of this, I love Epcot and I love staying at the Yacht Club Resort. So this could be a new resort for me to stay at, on property.

I don't like this idea or the Space Restaurant idea much at all.

If they are going to dump tons of money, maybe do it elsewhere.

I guess these investments actually pay off themselves much quicker than a new ride will.

I guess these investments actually pay off themselves much quicker than a new ride will.
Yea, but at least we are getting two new rides, (maybe three if the UK rumor pans out.) If it was just a restaurant and hotel I would be very bummed.

Wouldn't be the first time they re-use designs and wouldn't be the first time it seems like they lost their minds, but it always seems to work out in the end with Disney fans oohing and aahing over how unique and amazing it all is.

Of course these are the same people who can't figure out the Disney garbage cans work since they no longer have the word "push" on the door...

The crowds are coming. The projections are made. It’s clear they feel they need more hotel rooms and restaurants.
You can’t only dump money on attractions and not expect less-sexy infrastructure, dining and hotel additions as well.

There's a hotel on the Highline in NYC where people choose the rooms so they can be exhibitionists. I could see that happening at EPCOT...
I can’t.

I'm more worried about a situation like what happened with the shooting in Vegas
No balconies and shatterproof windows. Np

Except if this is a DVC hotel it is contractually required to have balconies I believe.

I can’t possibly see how this could be correct- I don’t recall there being any language that forces all DVC resorts to have balconies in any language I’ve read, not that I’ve researched it thoroughly. That would just be an insane requirement.

But let’s, for arguments sake, say that’s true.
1) We don’t know if it will even have DVC.
2) DVC portion could easily be in a separate section- like the majority of DVC resorts- and that section could have balconies not facing the walkways.

I can’t possibly see how this could be correct- I don’t recall there being any language that forces all DVC resorts to have balconies in any language I’ve read, not that I’ve researched it thoroughly. That would just be an insane requirement.

But let’s, for arguments sake, say that’s true.
1) We don’t know if it will even have DVC.
2) DVC portion could easily be in a separate section- like the majority of DVC resorts- and that section could have balconies not facing the walkways.
It is correct.

All DVC hotels must meet contractual obligations, which include balconies. In order to change this, they would have to re-write every contract and get every "owner" to agree to sign again. This isn't something they can change willy nilly as Disney is technically selling property, so the owners have rights. As far as Florida Timeshare Law is concerned, it would be next to impossible for Disney to change this part of the contract.

Their best bet would be that they pay off a politician who writes a law into effect for Florida (that would of course have to pass) that says every new timeshare built must be enclosed, without balcony.

It is correct.

All DVC hotels must meet contractual obligations, which include balconies. In order to change this, they would have to re-write every contract and get every "owner" to agree to sign again. This isn't something they can change willy nilly as Disney is technically selling property, so the owners have rights. As far as Florida Timeshare Law is concerned, it would be next to impossible for Disney to change this part of the contract.

Their best bet would be that they pay off a politician who writes a law into effect for Florida (that would of course have to pass) that says every new timeshare built must be enclosed, without balcony.

And even more realistic of a bet, is to start having Disney's team of Paul Blarts starting to go through your hotel luggage. But regardless, there's always going to be an element of risk when you have so many people in one area.

Um, we definitely need the balconies. How else are we going to be able to throw our empty beer cans at the tourists on their way to the park entrance?

It is correct.

Is there language on how many rooms have to have balconies? Or anything about location of the balcony? Unless it's specifically says that all rooms, or a percentage have to have balconies, they could easily just have a minimal amount facing an area that is inaccessible to guests. Even a single room that they keep booked with selected guests, staff, or event intentionally empty could meet the requirement depending on the language.