Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

Any updates on what will happen to the Fear Factor spot? I assume Universal would want to have an attraction open in 2024 before EU opens. Or Maybe the 2024 addition will be a new slide for Volcano Bay if no further movement happens at USF after Minions Villain Con opens in 2023.

Any updates on what will happen to the Fear Factor spot? I assume Universal would want to have an attraction open in 2024 before EU opens. Or Maybe the 2024 addition will be a new slide for Volcano Bay if no further movement happens at USF after Minions Villain Con opens in 2023.
I would expect some major attraction at one of the parks besides minions on the scale of velocicoaster at the least. One would think studios would get it. Universal needs to balance the parks with the opening of a new park and I wouldn't be surprised if studios and islands get major additions shortly before the new park opening. This would be a smart move to sell vacation packages to hit the new park hard with Disney guests that want to consider universal as a longer trip.

I would expect some major attraction at one of the parks besides minions on the scale of velocicoaster at the least. One would think studios would get it. Universal needs to balance the parks with the opening of a new park and I wouldn't be surprised if studios and islands get major additions shortly before the new park opening. This would be a smart move to sell vacation packages to hit the new park hard with Disney guests that want to consider universal as a longer trip.

I've heard there's a 2024 project but that's it, no idea on where, scope, content, etc. So very possibly. USF developed and opened MiB quickly, I could see something similar for USF.

Maybe we get a cool new show, or they finally demo a theatre and make a little SLOP like dark ride there, if it fits. With the world expo theming you can kinda put whatever you want there.

Maybe we get a cool new show, or they finally demo a theatre and make a little SLOP like dark ride there, if it fits. With the world expo theming you can kinda put whatever you want there.
If they do SLOP they need to fix the restraint system so more people can ride it.

The 2024 addition for Hollywood is rumored to be that F&F coaster. It is very possible that they are building two of the same coasters but with different themes for both USF and USH to maximize return on Investment.

If they do SLOP they need to fix the restraint system so more people can ride it.

The 2024 addition for Hollywood is rumored to be that F&F coaster. It is very possible that they are building two of the same coasters but with different themes for both USF and USH to maximize return on Investment.
With the amount of coasters opening at EU I don’t expect Universal to invest into any more until that park opens.

Last edited:
So I'll ask this in light of Alicia's video/article, but where is the FFL permit looking?

I wonder if they could be looking at starting a project there, and then having it at the ready by Mid 2024. A 1.5 year project, meaning they'd have to go fast on whatever would come over here, but it's something I'm wondering of out of curiosity.

So I'll ask this in light of Alicia's video/article, but where is the FFL permit looking?

I wonder if they could be looking at starting a project there, and then having it at the ready by Mid 2024. A 1.5 year project, meaning they'd have to go fast on whatever would come over here, but it's something I'm wondering of out of curiosity.
The demolition permit still has not been approved, and likely never will. And the project number is listed as canceled project, so we won’t see anything happen until we see new permits filed as the old ones will likely remain inactive.

At least we get at least one more HHN show this year. After HHN ends though, is anyone’s guess.

Just close down Fast & Furious and retheme it to the Potter Knight Bus. Park problem solved. With the low ridership of Fast and Furious and it's lower than bottom basement guest satisfaction rating....it's time to replace it already. Keep the ride system and building but replace it with London sets and a decent 360 film and some nifty special effects.....Fear Factor stage has become the 'Son of Kidzone Curse (Kurse)' . The curse cancer spreads. . It'll be there 'forever'.

It amazes me that it appears as if they have no intention of just putting a new show into the spot. Seems like a no brainer if the replacement has been canceled for the foreseeable future.
especially with the park's capacity issues. Unfortunately, Universal seems to have adopted a anti theater show mentality. A good theme park needs theater shows, so their guests can slow up and enjoy their visit,
instead of running helter skelter from a 3 minute ride to 4 minute ride.

especially with the park's capacity issues. Unfortunately, Universal seems to have adopted a anti theater show mentality. A good theme park needs theater shows, so their guests can slow up and enjoy their visit,
instead of running helter skelter from a 3 minute ride to 4 minute ride.

I dunno how true this is anymore with what we know about EU and Beijing. I think they are anti-bad theater show. Studios already has Makeup, Bourne, and Animal Actors. Could they have something Broadway-esque coming to the original resort? Sure. I just don’t thinks it’s coming pre-EU.