SeaWorld Future Attractions? | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Future Attractions?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 21, 2015
I know mako is coming out next year but looking forward to the near future what does sea world have in store for the coming years? I think a good raft ride/water ride like the one in San Diego would be cool for Sea World; A tower drop ride???????

I think we'll have to wait and see. The new CEO will probably be shaking things up quite a bit will want to do what's best to grow/rebuild the business. A rapids ride would be a good fit, but it's something thta already exists in two other Orlando parks.

I doubt that Sea world would do any raft rides. I'm thinking a kid coaster by 2017/2018. Maybe a Mack spin coaster like Cobras Curse

I doubt that Sea world would do any raft rides. I'm thinking a kid coaster by 2017/2018. Maybe a Mack spin coaster like Cobras Curse

With Busch Gardens so close and the desire to try to bundle them I doubt you'll see much in the way of rides with similar experiences. If I was betting man and knowing Manby, when it comes to rides I'd expect a make over of the children's area.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
With Busch Gardens so close and the desire to try to bundle them I doubt you'll see much in the way of rides with similar experiences. If I was betting man and knowing Manby, when it comes to rides I'd expect a make over of the children's area.
Well They did redo it about 6 years ago with the addition of the rides over there. I can see them redoing the netting but sea world needs a unique family coaster need where the Budweiser horses used to be.

I think aside from the huge orca habitat expansion they are planning, I would expect more family type attractions, and maybe another coaster in the next 3-5 years.

A lot depends on the success of Mako and if it brings guests back.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
How about sea world Orlando can be home to Floridas tallest and fastest tower drop rides? Faster.....taller than the newly built zumanjaro drop of doom at SFGADV.

How about sea world Orlando can be home to Floridas tallest and fastest tower drop rides? Faster.....taller than the newly built zumanjaro drop of doom at SFGADV.

The will do nothing to undercut the big expenditure of Falcon's Fury at BGT. It's in it's second season and tilts you to look down before the drop. You might see a tower drop style ride at San Antonio but it ain't happening at SWO with what's down the road. If Uni axes it's Doom drop tower( talk about an awesome ride for some lesser park to pick up second hand) it only make Falcon's Fury more marketable, SeaWorld will not mess with that.

I think they have a good opportunity to fill in the gap left behind by a couple of the attractions that WDW has closed, namely 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and The Living Seas. I would love to see them attempt a submarine and/or futuristic seabase attraction.

Reactions: Cheezbat
There is a point to be made there. Going after family attractions at this point would be certain death for SeaWorld. Disney has been doing it for decades, Universal is doing it now and succeeding...SeaWorld can't compete. What SeaWorld can do is what Orlando Thrill Park didn't have the resources to do: become the thrill capital of the Southeast. Not just some Six Flags, but a quality theme park with a great lineup of themed coasters.

Reactions: SeventyOne
There is a point to be made there. Going after family attractions at this point would be certain death for SeaWorld. Disney has been doing it for decades, Universal is doing it now and succeeding...SeaWorld can't compete. What SeaWorld can do is what Orlando Thrill Park didn't have the resources to do: become the thrill capital of the Southeast. Not just some Six Flags, but a quality theme park with a great lineup of themed coasters.
This. A thousand Times this. Congratiolations you are now CEO of sea world for saving the company

In his time at Hershend, he did two areas that are popular with the masses. One is called County Fair as Dolly and the other Grand Exposition at SDC. Both are a mix on 5he kiddiest of rides to park models of rides like a Zamperla disko. They'll have to better themed but this what I see happening soon to add or replace what's there. How about a an enclosed areas that's climate controled indoor area that's themed to be under the sea with a massive play structure and rides. Appeals to families wanting a break from the heat or rain. I' e posted the last project that started under Manby at SeaWorld. It consisted of replacing an existing play structure, relocation of a ride from a closed park, a refurbished ride that was removed for a new attraction, a kiddie ride that removed from another section of the park and a couple of smaller new kid friendly rides.

In his time at Hershend, he did two areas that are popular with the masses. One is called County Fair as Dolly and the other Grand Exposition at SDC. Both are a mix on 5he kiddiest of rides to park models of rides like a Zamperla disko. They'll have to better themed but this what I see happening soon to add or replace what's there. How about a an enclosed areas that's climate controled indoor area that's themed to be under the sea with a massive play structure and rides. Appeals to families wanting a break from the heat or rain. I' e posted the last project that started under Manby at SeaWorld. It consisted of replacing an existing play structure, relocation of a ride from a closed park, a refurbished ride that was removed for a new attraction, a kiddie ride that removed from another section of the park and a couple of smaller new kid friendly rides.

There's no doubt that Manby is a great CEO for SeaWorld. He knows his stuff and he'll do great things. But Dollywood and SDC don't really have direct competition, so those kinds of attractions are great for those markets. But Disney invented this game and Universal is reinventing this game. SeaWorld just can't take those kinds of risks, especially after TurtleTrek and -- by a larger token -- Antarctica flopped. Universal probably isn't going to build a big coaster any time soon, so SeaWorld can really "take the reigns" and, with Busch Gardens, become the Roller Coaster Capital of the Southeast.

In all honesty I can see SeaWorld adding a few intamin flat rides that can fit into a theme,or be shoehorned into one, with a large capacity. Rides such as a Gyro Swing, Bounty, Flying Dutchman and drunken barrel.
Those specific intamin rides have a great capacity over 1000/hr and all but drunken barrel are not currently in the Orlando market.

Reactions: anihilnation
That is a seasonal ride. the real ride is wild artic. Also the just made Antarctica which is a dark ride. And we all know how that turned out.
I know it's a seasonal ride. My point was exactly what I said. The Polar Express is more popular and interesting than wild artic. Another simulator with some part of wild exploration or an update to.wild arctic would be awesome

There's no doubt that Manby is a great CEO for SeaWorld. He knows his stuff and he'll do great things. But Dollywood and SDC don't really have direct competition, so those kinds of attractions are great for those markets. But Disney invented this game and Universal is reinventing this game. SeaWorld just can't take those kinds of risks, especially after TurtleTrek and -- by a larger token -- Antarctica flopped. Universal probably isn't going to build a big coaster any time soon, so SeaWorld can really "take the reigns" and, with Busch Gardens, become the Roller Coaster Capital of the Southeast.

SDC has no direct competition? That's funny. They might, just might disagree with you considering some of the markets they pull from.