SeaWorld Future Attractions? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Future Attractions?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm tellin you there will be a project with kids as the focus but include something for everyone within 4 years.and it will be a collection of smaller things that adds up to a decent sized add when viewed as a whole. Think something like Toy Story Playlands or the Dinoland area of AK without the darkride.

Is there nothing in the Odyssea theater currently? They could use another show there.

I think they would be smart to take advantage of the Sesame Street rights. I would replace Shamu's Happy Harbor with some of the better rides from Sesame Place. I hope that a redo of Wild Arctic is also in the works. I also think that they should do away with the Shamu and dolphin shows and use the stadium areas to expand the tanks for both. They should turn each into a Shark Encounter type attraction with the tube going down the middle. I think both could end up being as popular as the shows currently are. Doing this would also help combat the animal rights people by doing away with one of their major complaints. They could also add restaurants similar to Sharks Underwater Grill to help offset the cost of building the expanded tanks.

I have returned after a short absence! ( I actually spent a week learning the new forum layout too) Anyway, maybe SeaWorld will follow in the steps of Busch Gardens and do an overhaul of an existing area like Pantopia. Shamu's Happy Harbor seems likely, but why not the area housing Atlantis and Kraken? They could really emphasize the Greek mythology theme going on.

I agree with recent comments above. They really need to start working on a plan B. If the animal rights people keep damaging their image, then I would be ok for them to let got of the Orcas and anything else they can complain about, throw them back in the ocean and focus on rides and themed attractions... Keep the "Sea" theming and start making money.... Oh yeah, I almost forgot, Since the animal right people know better, then I think SeaWorld should also stop ALL funding to nature (save money) and divert their focus to Theme Parks business ONLY. That way SW has a chance to rebuild their business and the animal rights people can show their "true love" for animals by funding, providing and investing their private time on the Orcas and friends. I'm guessing that's what they wish for with all this, and don't get me wrong, I love animals and their well being, I just don't like hypocrite drama queens.

I have returned after a short absence! ( I actually spent a week learning the new forum layout too) Anyway, maybe SeaWorld will follow in the steps of Busch Gardens and do an overhaul of an existing area like Pantopia. Shamu's Happy Harbor seems likely, but why not the area housing Atlantis and Kraken? They could really emphasize the Greek mythology theme going on.
oooh, good point, that is certainly an underutilized theme for them...so many other rides could be based off of mythology..

I'm still lobying for a 'Voyage to the Iron Reef' type ride at SW

A splashdown ride would do for me( something similar to the now defunct Pilgrims plunge at Holiday World & Splashin' Safari in Santa Claus,Ind.
With Journey To Atlantis, don't hold your breath. Besides those Intamin Hyper/Mega splash rides were plagued with downtime and why the ones at Holiday World & Knott's Berry Farm were removed...something SW does NOT need.

Last edited:
I say build a themed river rapids ride. I enjoyed the one in San Diego...and with as hot and humid as it gets in Florida, another water ride wouldn't hurt.

They could also use another indoor ride too!

Reactions: anihilnation
I say build a themed river rapids ride. I enjoyed the one in San Diego...and with as hot and humid as it gets in Florida, another water ride wouldn't hurt.

They could also use another indoor ride too!

I feel the same way, rapids ride themed to the Amazon River system.

I feel the same way, rapids ride themed to the Amazon River system.

There's Bluto's at Uni that many think is one of the best and there's Kali at AK which too short but themed up as well. So, there's two in the immediate area which takes away any exclusivity and you got the one at Busch as well. Spend over 10 million on something that three parks already have or put in something that that they don't. That said, it's a theme park staple.

Interesting but I'm not entirely sure how marketable that is, and Seaworld needs rides like Mako (tallest fastest longest etc) to stand out, especially with Universal in build mode and Disney seemingly being woke up by something.

Whoever suggested Greek Mythology is on to something I feel. Plenty of opportunity there for marketable attractions.

Interesting but I'm not entirely sure how marketable that is, and Seaworld needs rides like Mako (tallest fastest longest etc) to stand out, especially with Universal in build mode and Disney seemingly being woke up by something.

Whoever suggested Greek Mythology is on to something I feel. Plenty of opportunity there for marketable attractions.

Indoor-outdoor multi-launch coaster with dark ride elements themed to the Odyssey would be cool.

Reactions: Mad Dog and UAN17
Interesting to see if the screams cape rumors pan out for San Antonio, new main gates, a separate more Discovery Cove like Dolphin area not just the current reno, a new coaster and then newer non coaster rides(betting new reworked Harbor area., their Orca expansion by 2019 and an on site hotel experience.