SeaWorld Future Attractions? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Future Attractions?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
On another note, Blue Horizons will be going down for a large refurbishment this Spring according to the trainers. I would assume that they would rebuild the platforms then.

It's about time. That show has been there for what...10 years now?

Anyone have any ride type ideas for future SeaWorld rides(non-coaster)? I got river rapids, dark ride, and some sort of shooter.
I think there next major ride should be another big coaster. Dark rides, they are not good at maintaining rides and they don't invest in technology the way Universal does, so any dark ride would be sub-par. A rapids ride I'd love, I know, IOA has it, Disney's AK and BGT, but so what? This could really fit in SeaWorld, an amazonian river section. Have a huge aquarium with Piranha and exotic catfish. And like with Manta, queue passes by the aquarium, but you can also see the aquarium separate. A couple of themed flatrides would be great as well, a topspin where you are confronted with jets of water, nautically themed flying bobs ...
As for shooter, one of those splash combat things would be cool!

If they do ever decide they want a dark ride, a system a la Spiderman, themed to the deep waters, trenches below the phototonic zone. You could easily have something thrilling and educational.

Whatever happens I really hope they bring back the seasonal sea lion shows (aka. The Greatness that is Sea Lions Tonite.)

While I'm ok with the Christmas show not returning, Sea Lions Tonite is one of my favorite SeaWorld shows and would love for it to return this summer. Maybe even with the return of the mime.

Reactions: Journey_On
I have to laugh. Everyone so badly wants uni to build a non-IP original ride and then at the same time wants Sea World to create an IP ride. Lol. I don't think sea world needs an IP to be honest with you.
Agreed. I don't see where Universal needs a non IP ride. Unless there is a park specific for that. As for Universal Orlando and IOA. They should continue to have IP's IMO.
Sea World having an IP would be interesting though.

Agreed. I don't see where Universal needs a non IP ride. Unless there is a park specific for that. As for Universal Orlando and IOA. They should continue to have IP's IMO.
Sea World having an IP would be interesting though.

They could always catch a great white and throw it into the Shark Encounter tank and rename it Jaws the Experience.

Reactions: anihilnation
Whatever happens I really hope they bring back the seasonal sea lion shows (aka. The Greatness that is Sea Lions Tonite.)

While I'm ok with the Christmas show not returning, Sea Lions Tonite is one of my favorite SeaWorld shows and would love for it to return this summer. Maybe even with the return of the mime.

I do think these will return. I think the issue is the animals are still getting used to the new High School show and they didn't want to confuse them. Those seasonal shows were fairly popular and a good way to get people to go to that theater twice in one day. I very much miss having the guy as a mime instead of him not being a mime. I also hope if they do the night time show he returns as a mime.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I said it on the podcast but I'll repeat myself here. I'll bet that rescue ride for Orlando never happens.

SeaWorld's whole motif has been where Thrills and Learning meet or something like that, but any time I've been, those two things feel separated. And a Paradise Pier doesn't really help this dilemma, and it feels like the equivalent of DinoLand USA in AK.

I said it on the podcast but I'll repeat myself here. I'll bet that rescue ride for Orlando never happens.
I think that Orlando's, out of the three, will least likely occur because SWO is the one that needs it the least. San Diego needs it the most although San Antonio is most likely to happen because it was already announced that San Antonio would get a new coaster in 2017.

So in order is most likely to least likely:
1. San Diego SeaWorld Rescue dark ride
2. San Antonio SeaWorld Rescue launch coaster
3. Orlando SeaWorld Rescue dark ride

I think that Orlando's, out of the three, will least likely occur because SWO is the one that needs it the least. San Diego needs it the most although San Antonio is most likely to happen because it was already announced that San Antonio would get a new coaster in 2017.

So in order is most likely to least likely:
1. San Diego SeaWorld Rescue dark ride
2. San Antonio SeaWorld Rescue launch coaster
3. Orlando SeaWorld Rescue dark ride
Am curious. Why do you think Orlando needs it the least? Would an additional dark ride not be perfect for sea world if they are getting rid of wild arctic?

Reactions: SeventyOne
Am curious. Why do you think Orlando needs it the least? Would an additional dark ride not be perfect for sea world if they are getting rid of wild arctic?
It's the only park that saw an increase in attendance of the three. Also, if you look at the ride selection between the parks SWO is obviously the most diverse (thanks to TurtleTrek and Antarctica) and currently has the best attractions (Manta and Atlantis).

Side Note: Who else thinks that Journey to Atlantis could rival Ripsaw Falls if all of its effects actually worked and maintenance was consistent?

Side Note: Who else thinks that Journey to Atlantis could rival Ripsaw Falls if all of its effects actually worked and maintenance was consistent?
I actualy prefer Journey to Atlantis because I have no idea what Ripsaw Falls is. i can follow the story but it is irrelevant. Atlantis, is what it is and there is a ton of things about it no matter the age. Not just that but the roller coaster portion of Atlantis is my freaking favorite of ANY Log Flume.

It's the only park that saw an increase in attendance of the three. Also, if you look at the ride selection between the parks SWO is obviously the most diverse (thanks to TurtleTrek and Antarctica) and currently has the best attractions (Manta and Atlantis).

I really like Ripsaw Falls, but Atlantis has that classic water ride feel to it so I do think it could take on Ripsaw. Maybe it's just because I grew up riding it. The coaster piece makes it! If they could get everything working on it again, that would make it that much better. I'm hoping in its downtime they revamp it some.