SeaWorld Future Attractions? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Future Attractions?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I saw a post earlier about adding a raft ride that got me thinking. I'm definitely more of a coaster person, but if they were to add a version of Shipwreck Rapids to Orlando from their park in San Diego, I think that could be a good addition. But they would have to do it up well. Popeye's at Island's is my favorite raft ride and if they can't compete with that then I think they should go with something else.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I saw a post earlier about adding a raft ride that got me thinking. I'm definitely more of a coaster person, but if they were to add a version of Shipwreck Rapids to Orlando from their park in San Diego, I think that could be a good addition. But they would have to do it up well. Popeye's at Island's is my favorite raft ride and if they can't compete with that then I think they should go with something else.
Hmm... Would Shipwreck Rapids not be the best accompaniment for Mako and its theme of being in a reef full of wrecked ships? Would have to change the color scheme tho.

If they do build a Rapids ride then I could see the whole Terrace BBQ building on the chopping block. It's the perfect location for one.

Hmm... Would Shipwreck Rapids not be the best accompaniment for Mako and its theme of being in a reef full of wrecked ships? Would have to change the color scheme tho.

If they do build a Rapids ride then I could see the whole Terrace BBQ building on the chopping block. It's the perfect location for one.
I was thinking the same thing about Mako. The theme of the rides would go together well if they were in the same area. Shipwreck Rapids is themed pretty well too. I would imagine the same for the Terrace BBQ, though with the new pass holder lounge, they may have to demolish around that if construction allows and it ends up being pretty popular.

I was surprised when they put the lounge there. I kept thinking that would be a great area for a future attraction. Would be nice to see something there in the future.

I was thinking the same thing about Mako. The theme of the rides would go together well if they were in the same area. Shipwreck Rapids is themed pretty well too. I would imagine the same for the Terrace BBQ, though with the new pass holder lounge, they may have to demolish around that if construction allows and it ends up being pretty popular.

I was surprised when they put the lounge there. I kept thinking that would be a great area for a future attraction. Would be nice to see something there in the future.
I was thinking they could put the ride in the area right in front of the Rapids and on the other side of the path where the pond is if they don't want to touch the garden or restaurant. Oh. And you have the old Clysedale stable as well.

Honestly the lounge looked to be pretty cheap and its sponsored, so they didn't pay much of the overall cost in the first place. Most of the stuff in it can easily be moved somewhere else, like a purpose built building as a part of the ride construction.

I was thinking they could put the ride in the area right in front of the Rapids and on the other side of the path where the pond is if they don't want to touch the garden or restaurant. Oh. And you have the old Clysedale stable as well.

Honestly the lounge looked to be pretty cheap and its sponsored, so they didn't pay much of the overall cost in the first place. Most of the stuff in it can easily be moved somewhere else, like a purpose built building as a part of the ride construction.
That's true. I'm sure they could easily move it if the day ever did come to demolish those buildings.

I don't know. Why would they redo that restaurant if they were planning on getting rid of it? The reason the passholder lounge went there is because this was an all you can eat place and so the passholder piece went where the buffet was. So it was a product of the redo.

I don't know. Why would they redo that restaurant if they were planning on getting rid of it? The reason the passholder lounge went there is because this was an all you can eat place and so the passholder piece went where the buffet was. So it was a product of the redo.
I don't think they will get rid of it now, but in the future when they need room for a new attraction, I think it could be a potential spot. Maybe in a few years they will be ready to let it go. Maybe even after the 5 additions between 2016-2020. I don't expect it to leave for at least a couple of years.

SimEx-Iwerks - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer coming in 4-D

So there just happens to be a 4-D version of the stop motion Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer film coming out next November and the article states they already have orders for it, including theme parks. I don't know where this would go at SeaWorld but I doubt we won't at least see it at one of their parks.

It's taking over Polar Express for the Holiday Season offerings.

It's taking over Polar Express for the Holiday Season offerings.
I knew they were adding the ip to the event. Just didn't know in what form.

Anyways, I thought The Polar Express was staying as well. I would hope they still have its soundtrack. My favorite part of the ice skating show is from it.

Interesting. Is this based on a guess or insider info. Interesting because the 5 year plan was announced so recently it would be interesting that plans changed so quickly.
I don't think it's insider info, but @BriMan might be right (even if I don't want him to be). That whole announcement press conference investor day thing was to most likely raise the company's value.

BUT if a dark ride were to be built it would be in the Wild Arctic building. I thought Rudolph would mostly manifest itself in the form of meet and greets and additions to the current shows (most likely the ice skating show).

Last edited:
Reactions: Donald Razorduck
It also is supposed to be major - minor - major -minor - major; so beginning with Mako, we have a major for this year and next year we should get a minor. Not sure if that dark ride could be a minor, though refurbishment of Wild Arctic could be a minor one. So perhaps this year they'll have Rudoph as a holiday overlay and then in the beginning of 2017 close Wild Arctic for a 4-5 month refurb, have a complete new ride video. Anyway ... Snowman over and out :)