SeaWorld Future Attractions? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Future Attractions?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Technically there already is a bypass, when you enter the interior queue after the hall with the video, then somewhere to the left there is a door to go straight to the exhibit.

Yep, I have been in that. It is a room or a very wide hallway. They send you that way if you have an infant, it is like a childswap area only they don't let you do childswap.

Orlando has a general schedule, but otherwise, no.

The current schedule is (These are SWO only):
2016 - Major attraction (Mako)
2017 - Minor (rumored to be SeaWorld Rescue dark ride)
2018 - Major
2019 - Minor
2020 - Major

I used the word "attractions," but I believe the world Manby used was "development." So that could mean that a minor is a big refurbishment of Atlantis or something of the sort. I hope.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Orlando has a general schedule, but otherwise, no.

The current schedule is (These are SWO only):
2016 - Major attraction (Mako)
2017 - Minor (rumored to be SeaWorld Rescue dark ride)
2018 - Major
2019 - Minor
2020 - Major

I used the word "attractions," but I believe the world Manby used was "development." So that could mean that a minor is a big refurbishment of Atlantis or something of the sort. I hope.
Either way, great for the park.
Would be cool if Sea World had an animated property in the parks like spongebob. I enjoy the educational part but just a thought.

I still want to see a SpongeBob/Bikini Bottom dark ride using a ride system similar to 20K Leagues at TDS.

vq1mxh.jpg

Either way, great for the park.
Would be cool if Sea World had an animated property in the parks like spongebob. I enjoy the educational part but just a thought.

I still think they should rip out Shamu's Happy Harbor and and copy all the best parts from Sesame Place since they already have the rights.

I have a feeling there's some licensing problem with that, which is why SWO has Happy Harbor while the other two parks turned theirs into Sesame Street Bay of Play. I know they have the costumed characters and the seasonal Sesame shows, but I have a feeling there's a reason why they never changed Happy Harbor over.

I have a feeling there's some licensing problem with that, which is why SWO has Happy Harbor while the other two parks turned theirs into Sesame Street Bay of Play. I know they have the costumed characters and the seasonal Sesame shows, but I have a feeling there's a reason why they never changed Happy Harbor over.
It is likely because Busch has Sesame, so they didn't want to have Sesame at SeaWorld as well since they are rather close.

Reactions: SeventyOne
That would actually make sense. Just a little sense.
I just figured that because all of the other major parks (SWT, SWC, BGW) have Sesame because they have no other large sister park near them. SWF and BGT are the only two major sister parks near one another and only 1 has Sesame. My guess is to diversify their offerings since they are related.

It would be cool if SW played Universal's game and got properties to fill the park...Spongebob, Ice Age, other aquatic things haha

It would be cool if SW played Universal's game and got properties to fill the park...Spongebob, Ice Age, other aquatic things haha

Hello Aquaman ride. Seriously though I can't think of anything else besides Spongebob that would fit an aquatic theme other than changing the Antarctica ride into a Happy Feet ride.

Last edited:
I have to laugh. Everyone so badly wants uni to build a non-IP original ride and then at the same time wants Sea World to create an IP ride. Lol. I don't think sea world needs an IP to be honest with you.

I have to laugh. Everyone so badly wants uni to build a non-IP original ride and then at the same time wants Sea World to create an IP ride. Lol. I don't think sea world needs an IP to be honest with you.

Yeah, I wondered about that too. I wouldn't be surprised if it is virtually impossible to sign a major IP in the climate that SW has been in, in the past 3-4 years. Who knows what they might have tried to get their hands on and failed. They certainly wouldn't want press about a NO.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yeah, I wondered about that too. I wouldn't be surprised if it is virtually impossible to sign a major IP in the climate that SW has been in, in the past 3-4 years. Who knows what they might have tried to get their hands on and failed. They certainly wouldn't want press about a NO.

Agreed. A lot of IPS might not want to deal with the bad press. Probably in 5 years it might be easier.

Some of the older ones that are popular due to nostalgia and just being classic wouldn't mind. For example, SeaWorld just got the stop-motion Rudolph movie for their Christmas Celebration next year.

On another note, Blue Horizons will be going down for a large refurbishment this Spring according to the trainers. I would assume that they would rebuild the platforms then.

Reactions: anihilnation
Sea World could get a major IP if they tried anymore. With all of their bad press, bad leadership and general un-proven status among the Orlando Elites when it comes to immersive environments and dark ride execution, why would an IP even look Sea World's way when Disney and Universal are right there?

On another note, Blue Horizons will be going down for a large refurbishment this Spring according to the trainers. I would assume that they would rebuild the platforms then.
I think they might change the entire show.
I also wonder if they'll ever bring an a'lure like show back, that was the best show they had.