Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Sesame Street

It's mostly cosmetic stuff at this point and landscaping. The fact they have the parade rehearsing on site means it's close enough they're allowing non-construction personnel into the area, so the end is close.

This is great to hear they'll be online for the majority of Spring Break.

This happens every year, with many parks bringing new capex online at similar times. They're all competing for the same dollars as spring break crowds start arriving, so they're all doing what they can to get attention.

I must say that view from above (posted March 9th) looks more promising for opening on time than what it looked like in person yesterday (March 10) from the Shamu Stadium sign/fountain area. I didn't even see the playground being constructed as the building block the view from there.

The passholder preview next weekend should be packed with so many people excited about this. I'm pleasantly surprised by the buzz this is getting.

The passholder preview next weekend should be packed with so many people excited about this. I'm pleasantly surprised by the buzz this is getting.

I wasn’t aware of a passholder preview for Sesame Street next weekend. Thanks for the info and can you tell me where they posted that info.
Do you know if they will operate the parade as well?
Thanks

Wild Arctic needs to go next door about 20 years ago. That’s really their only shot at a dark ride for this area is to us that land as an expansion.

I would imagine their next focus could be a Sesame Overlay on the Carousel. I'm assuming they left the Carousel without the Sesame Street overlay was so that kids would have something to get on in the meantime, followed by a Dark Ride at some point.
I personally wish they'd just move Mamas Pretzel Kitchen elsewhere, and expand Sesame with a Dark Ride that way, and leave WildArctic with an updated Simulator/Flying Theater type attraction that still ties into the exhibit.
Time will tell :D

I would imagine their next focus could be a Sesame Overlay on the Carousel. I'm assuming they left the Carousel without the Sesame Street overlay was so that kids would have something to get on in the meantime, followed by a Dark Ride at some point.
I personally wish they'd just move Mamas Pretzel Kitchen elsewhere, and expand Sesame with a Dark Ride that way, and leave WildArctic with an updated Simulator/Flying Theater type attraction that still ties into the exhibit.
Maybe a super grover ride ?

The carousel isn't supposed to be part of Sesame Street. At least they've made no mention of it getting rethemed or mention of it being in Sesame Street. It's not included in the rides for Sesame Street on the website either. It does have an annual maintenance scheduled May 6-19, but it's due for that anyway as it's been over a year since it's last one. I guess we'll find out if we see them adding Sesame Street characters during that.

Maybe a super grover ride ?
Shamu Express is rethemed to Super Grover (Super Grover's Box Car Derby).

So what type of Sesame Street dark ride is coming to PortAventura ??? All I know is that Sally has built an animatronic for it.

AFAIK the Carousel will not be rethemed, but that could change.

The area on the other side where Pretzel Kitchen is cannot be used for expansion. That's the water treatment plant for Shamu Stadium. Unless the stadium goes away, the infrastructure can't be moved. Wild Arctic building is much more logical for remodel/re-use for a Sesame dark ride.

I wasn’t aware of a passholder preview for Sesame Street next weekend. Thanks for the info and can you tell me where they posted that info.
Do you know if they will operate the parade as well?
Thanks
There was a passholder email that announced the dates, but I don't think they mentioned the parade. I wouldn't be surprised if they ran it since they've been rehearsing for over a month now.