Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Sesame Street

Wild Arctic needs to go next door about 20 years ago. That’s really their only shot at a dark ride for this area is to us that land as an expansion.

I think they have a few options depending on how creative they want to get.

A5kWYLd.jpg

I think option 1 seems like the obvious one. Remove the WA simulator and replace it with a dark ride.
Pros:
Would drastically expand Sesame area and plenty of space

Cons:
Expensive to fill in simulators (to my knowledge they're a pretty good depth underground) and little potential for a new ride attached to the animal exhibit of WA

Option 2 is kind of a stretch, but totally could work. If they fit in between Shamu Stadium and the new building, they wouldn't have to remove WA and could fit a decent size dark ride

Option 3 would require the removal of the carousel and a building, I think it currently houses either restrooms or a nurses office. Also not much space there, but could probably fit something if designed right. Doubt they would want to put it there though, why remove stuff if you dont have to?

The removal of Wild Arctic makes the most sense, but what happens to the animal attractions there? I love seeing the Beluga Whales, Polar Bears and Walrus whenever I'm at the park. It's also a nice break from the heat!!

There was a passholder email that announced the dates, but I don't think they mentioned the parade. I wouldn't be surprised if they ran it since they've been rehearsing for over a month now.
I hear they removed all mention of the dates for the preview and there’s no set date yet. They apparently went to the trouble of even asking the admins on the unofficial SeaWorld AP Facebook group to remove the info.

Supposedly they’re still doing the preview just don’t have any firm dates yet.

The removal of Wild Arctic makes the most sense, but what happens to the animal attractions there? I love seeing the Beluga Whales, Polar Bears and Walrus whenever I'm at the park. It's also a nice break from the heat!!
They hadn't had a polar bear in there since July 2014.

3 things I can see them doing with the building:

1: Refurbish the building to separate the animal exhibits from the simulator (pretty much already are) and create either a dark ride or VR simulator themed to Sesame Street (various theming options). They would just need to move the ride exit to the left side of the building.

2: They could do the above except, theme the simulator/VR to Sesame Street Characters helping with rescues and exit through the exhibit as always.

3: Skip Sesame Street altogether and create a new Simulator/VR ride like BGW did with Battle For Eire, but with a rescue theme. Then exit through the exhibit.

I have a hard time imagining them making a VR sesame street attraction considering the IP itself is geared for a very young audience. I think a simple Sally dark ride would work just fine. In fact, if they really wanted to save some money, ship over those submarines from San Diego that aren't being used and make it some kind of Sesame Street Submarine Dark ride.

I think SWPE is about done with VR as Kraken Unleashed was pretty unsuccessful, not sure how BFE is doing at BGW, but it looks like a great attraction!

Also, not sure how much the rescue theme would fit in with Wild Arctic considering those species are not one typically rescued by SW. I think if anything, a modern flying theater would be an appropriate replacement. I would personally like to see them keep anything rescue themed in the Key West/Turtle Trek section, it makes the most sense.

Rumors swirling say that a new coaster could potentially be built in the Mango Joes area, curious to see what kind of theme they are going to go for because currently that area is all sorts of confused with Wild Arctic, Shamu and Sesame Street all in such close proximity.

Re: Wild Arctic

When Antarctica opened, we asked Brian Morrow about the status of Wild Arctic (Basically because while they are different ecosystems, there are a lot of visual similiarties). He said there are no plans and GSATs were high for the area.

BUT - This was 5 years ago, though... so.

Re: Wild Arctic

When Antarctica opened, we asked Brian Morrow about the status of Wild Arctic (Basically because while they are different ecosystems, there are a lot of visual similiarties). He said there are no plans and GSATs were high for the area.

BUT - This was 5 years ago, though... so.
I remember us discussing this here...So much has changed, I wonder if they're eyeing it now

A launched Skidoo coaster would be kind of fun

I heard they may announce something about the leaked AP preview dates for this weekend at 4pm today. (in about 15 minutes) Sea world has been oddly silent about the email that went out.

I heard they may announce something about the leaked AP preview dates for this weekend at 4pm today. (in about 15 minutes) Sea world has been oddly silent about the email that went out.
Curious about it, because I'm booked for a Media Preview the day before on Tuesday... so, if it can ready enough to show the parade to the media, seems like it could be ready enough for passholders. Unless they need the area clear to finish, um, building the area.

What a mess, SeaWorld really needs to get their act together. They send out emails, don’t bother to correct them and then only put any information out through an unofficial Facebook group. Then to top it off that message tries to shift blame to the permitting, which in reality translates to poor planning on their part. Now this weekend all these unsuspecting guests who got their email and don’t follow this stuff that closely will show up with children who’ve been told they’ll get to see Sesame Street. I suspect this is all a product of them trying to rush the project to try to steal the spotlight from Legoland’s opening which by the way has been very well planned out much further in advance and seems on track to go very smoothly.

I really like SeaWorld, sometimes I just wish someone else was running their parks.

What a mess, SeaWorld really needs to get their act together. They send out emails, don’t bother to correct them and then only put any information out through an unofficial Facebook group. Then to top it off that message tries to shift blame to the permitting, which in reality translates to poor planning on their part. Now this weekend all these unsuspecting guests who got their email and don’t follow this stuff that closely will show up with children who’ve been told they’ll get to see Sesame Street. I suspect this is all a product of them trying to rush the project to try to steal the spotlight from Legoland’s opening which by the way has been very well planned out much further in advance and seems on track to go very smoothly.

I really like SeaWorld, sometimes I just wish someone else was running their parks.
Yeah could have been handled better but your making it more than it is.

Despite the miscommunications this is going to be so good for SW. If I had kids I would rather take them to Sesame St than to the MK. Perhaps I am out of date and misguided now that the show is on HBO and not PBS. I think that’s where it is now.

I used to work in the Sesame Street area at Busch Gardens Tampa and families loved it. There's a healthy collection of things to do (mini log flume, giant treehouse/play structure, jr coaster), the lines are minimal, and kids get to have lots of character interactions. My favorite days to work were the October weekends because they put on a great Halloween event for kids where they could come dressed in their costumes, had lots of trick or treat stations set up, and put together a little dance party with the characters every hour. I wouldn't be surprised is SeaWorld did the same as it's a real hit!

I used to work in the Sesame Street area at Busch Gardens Tampa and families loved it. There's a healthy collection of things to do (mini log flume, giant treehouse/play structure, jr coaster), the lines are minimal, and kids get to have lots of character interactions. My favorite days to work were the October weekends because they put on a great Halloween event for kids where they could come dressed in their costumes, had lots of trick or treat stations set up, and put together a little dance party with the characters every hour. I wouldn't be surprised is SeaWorld did the same as it's a real hit!
SeaWorld already does a Halloween thing like that so it would seem like that would only be natural to extend that out to the Sesame area.