Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about comparing it to Battle Escape, as from what some have mentioned; SLoP will be competing with that for 2019 on the West.
I don't think SLOP is meant to be a direct competitor to Battle Escape. More like "alternative programming" (not my term), like when movie studios place an indie movie the same weekend as a massive blockbuster.

The original SLOP concept is rumored to be 2 stories, queue on first floor ride up top. Not as spread out as the building above. If the (rumored) good version does actually get built, Rat at Epcot will get crapped on by it.

SLoP will absolutely 100% crap all over Rat. Rat isn't really all that good of a ride to begin with.

Now would be a great time to announce it.

Could the multi-story version of SLoP still exist and just be relocated to Stage 22-25 plot?

I feel that a major overhaul to the Studio Center (Lower Lot) will need to take place before SLoP were to open. I don't think that the ride wants to be around a blind corner. This would mean that restrooms need to be built asap to replace the other restrooms which would need to come down.

Could the multi-story version of SLoP still exist and just be relocated to Stage 22-25 plot?
According to the article linked above, its speculated to be relocated to that SS location. But that is a huge plot of land compared to the former SS28 plot. So its hard to fathom that just a PETS ride alone would be going there.

Of course there is also the other set of soundstages located behind it (which are still in use), but will also more than likely meet their demise in the future since they're building those 10 new soundstages on the backlot. It'd be awkward to build a big ride building & then have to find a way around it that flows naturally. IF this ride is still happening, it'll be curious to how they go about it & the surrounding area.

Its bad enough that we lost SS28.... but the street located directly behind JPRA & restrooms/panda is Lon Chaney Dr. :cry:

The new stages being built on Park Lake are scheduled to replace stages 33-44.

Stages 16-20 are expected to stay.

I have no doubt that this plot could house 2 attractions and not only just SLoP. Perhaps we are seeing the 2019 and 2020 attractions space?

The new stages being built on Park Lake are scheduled to replace stages 33-44.

Stages 16-20 are expected to stay.

I have no doubt that this plot could house 2 attractions and not only just SLoP. Perhaps we are seeing the 2019 and 2020 attractions space?

I would expect two attractions on SS 22-25.

And you mentioned that the soundstages on Park Lake replacing 33-34, will other soundstages around that vincinity go down as more soundstages get added to the Park Lake area, as it was reported of it being ten soundstages, with an additional few for whenever the LA Olympics come into play.

Honestly... even SS 33-44 meeting their demise doesn't seem like enough of a significant expansion space for the Lower Lot. Even with the addition of Nintendoland, that isn't going to cut it for the Lower Lot (its basically the equivelant of adding WWOHP to the Upper Lot). I'm assuming that is what would be taking up that entire plot of land?

I didn't see SS38/39 on the map, would those SSs be classified as the "Rehearsal Hall" located next to SS37?

I'm very curious to see what they'll do if they do intend to put it in the SS22-25 plot. If its located closest to JPRA, i'd hope they'd give the side of the building the Shrek 4D treatment of painted trees.

Something that relies mostly on physical sets is going to take up a lot of space. Would you rather have two simulators instead?

Yea... there are plenty of physical set rides that don't require a massive amount of space. Its all in how you execute the ride. If you do it correctly, you can have a decently sized ride/attraction that isn't too short or take up a lot of space. Hell, look at Disney's dark rides in Fantasyland.

I'd rather not see one singular ride use up that much space when you can be creative with the amount of space available to include more than one or two rides, dining, restrooms, giftshops, etc.

Yea... there are plenty of physical set rides that don't require a massive amount of space. Its all in how you execute the ride. If you do it correctly, you can have a decently sized ride/attraction that isn't too short or take up a lot of space. Hell, look at Disney's dark rides in Fantasyland.

I'd rather not see one singular ride use up that much space when you can be creative with the amount of space available to include more than one or two rides, dining, restrooms, giftshops, etc.

Afaik, it sounds like two attractions are going to happen for 22-25. If I had to guess, SLoP to tie into the film's sequel for 2019 and Fallon due to the GSAT score and that it would be an easy way of synergy.

If they follow a similar layout to Orlandos Fallon, they actually could bring bathrooms and that it would give them the chance to remove Panda, Studio Cafe, the current bathrooms and the current TF Extended queue.

Ugh.. gross... Getting the Fallon ride would be unfortunate. Let Orlando keep it... give us Twister! :tongue:

But with the loss of Panda & the NEVER OPEN (except for like 6 days out of the year) Studio Cafe, they'd need to also include another dining option. The Lower Lot can not survive on Jurassic Cafe alone. Oh and thats another thing, OFFER MORE FOOD VARIETY! Its sad when the ONLY restuarant in the park that offers up something different is 3 Broomsticks. (Gru's Lab kinda offers more, but its never open)

Status
Not open for further replies.