Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Seems like that’s the last one they’re doing though

Officially, all Dr. Seuss films after Grinch will be at Warner Animation, starting with Cat in The Hat.

Both Illumination and DWA have pretty full plates for the next 5-6 years.

Indeed.

To sum up some of the projects in the works.

Illumination: Grinch (Nov, 2018); Pet's 2 (July, 2019); Minions 2 (July, 2020); Sing 2 (Nov, 2020); Nintendo/Illumination Mario Project (No date given)

DWA: Dragon's 3 (March, 2019); Everest (Sept, 2019); Trolls 2 (April, 2020); Crood's 2 (Sept, 2020); Baby Boss 2 (April, 2021); Spooky Jack (Sept, 2021)

There also lies for DWA, the in-development Shrek reboot, so it depends on what they decide going forward. But for that said, Seuss should be done at Universal's Animation studios for the time being after Grinch.

I do think the question of a Grinch attraction depends on the success ratio of the film in it's box office and critical response.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Not sure if anyone remembers the Grinch's Lair back in the day, but I miss it....I would love to see a Mt. Krumpit ride and Whoville mini land

Reactions: tielo
Umm, don't you mean Boss Baby 2?

What's the difference? ;)

Not sure if anyone remembers the Grinch's Lair back in the day, but I miss it....I would love to see a Mt. Krumpit ride and Whoville mini land

If a Grinch attraction happens, I think we would see a Whoville extension of some sort. It depends more though on how Illumination's Grinch does to garner that plausibility.

Reactions: shiekra38
I really like Seuss Landing. I like all of its rides. It’s a perfectly good land, with incredible holiday decor and offerings. Y’all are mean. :(

I like it too but I think it's a product of it's time and as every new cutting edge ride opens it makes it look more and more dated.

A little modernisation could go a long way and a new ride will completely revitalise the land.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit