Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

Universal is very much into adding. Replacing rides that aren't visited much by the public (Twister) or using a small plot of land that wasn't used (for some time) like Transformer, Raptor meet and greet, Kong and the upcoming Potter expansion. With addition hotel rooms being added at break neck space they need addition rides. I expect the use of land at Seuss Landing.

I'd say bring back the overly intense spinning, lol. I always felt like the ride lost a lot of its soul when it was toned down back in 2010.
THIS WAS A THING???

It would be an easy Nintendo Overlay, Change the CitH RVs to Mario Karts. High in the Sky Trolleys to the Bullet Bill concept. One Fish Two Fish could easily be changed to the fish from the old school Mario games. A little paint and some new signs and boom. Probably explains the Kidzone uncertainty. They can get the open quicker to make certain people happy and have a unique experience in Orlando!
haha if this happened just imagine the warfare that would take place on the nintendo forum

Yet toon lagoon with the theater and Dudley’s in deplorable condition, and lost continent with the worst show in history still remain.

But that’s Universals MO on maintenance.
Some rides, queues and areas are impeccably maintained on a regular basis- TDL level of care and attention, and others are left to just sputter along for years and years. I don’t get it...
this has always been a thing I associate with both parks, some places are kept really nice and others are underpopulated and feel abandoned by the guests and management, kinda gives those areas an intimate feeling in a weird way, like DC before they announced it was closing.

Was not sure where to post this but, soundstage 20 is where they perform the Grinch xmas show. Could they possibly add other performances throughout the year to appease the "need" for weatherproof activities? Spongebob musical? Etc. Capital input would be negligible compared to a new ride. Is it a HH N house?

Perhaps @Legacy or @Joe can correct me, but I think that while the soundstages can be used for parks, they are still production facilities that can be rented out for productions needing buildings for filming.

I can be totally off-kilter, but I am under the impression that Universal is still a working studio for Orlando, unlike Hollywood Studios to where the studio land is being used for Theme Park there.

Was just a thought. But I read somewhere that studio productions were going away due to costs of relocating cast, equipment, etc versus just relying on Hollywood. Didn't they film Family Feud in 20?
Near as I can find, not much has happened since Nick pulled out. Wrestlemania does a little bit that's in the blueman/Nick venue?
I would be interested to know if #20 sits vacant and unchanged from Jan. 5 till Nov. 15 if any spies know.

Last edited:
Looks like Universal has sound stages not in the Hollywood park. And Warner Bro. has a boatload right next door. Huh, go figure, Hollywood is still the U.S. production center.

Looks like Universal has sound stages not in the Hollywood park. And Warner Bro. has a boatload right next door. Huh, go figure, Hollywood is still the U.S. production center.

Hollywood does have Soundstages. Hell, they just build the first batch of a brand new group of soundstages that are to be located at the studio's Red Sea (and that the first batch is now open, btw).

EDIT: I thought you were refering to USH but I forgot about DHS.

My apologies, if I confused you.

Last edited:
Perhaps @Legacy or @Joe can correct me, but I think that while the soundstages can be used for parks, they are still production facilities that can be rented out for productions needing buildings for filming.

I can be totally off-kilter, but I am under the impression that Universal is still a working studio for Orlando, unlike Hollywood Studios to where the studio land is being used for Theme Park there.
Yep. Production still occurs in them regularly. In fact, it’s my understanding why one soundstage isn’t getting used for HHN.

My understanding isThe Theme parks sort of pay for/borrow the Soundstages for events and productions(think of it like borrowing money from family, it still costs something even though it benefits all as a company but lots of coordination)
The need for Grinchmas in that stage is worth it as the cost is beneficial as the peak season has something not only is part of the attraction/appeal of the event, but somewhere to put those peak Christmas time crowds.

There are things filmed in the soundstages daily. Many productions of various sizes that some may not consider exciting. Some scenes for The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt was recently filmed in one of the stages for a short while.

The studios are run by Universal Studios Florida Production Group, a separate division from the rest of the resort: Universal Production Group

Something I was thinking about:

Does Seuss Landing regularly serve Green Eggs and Ham? I know the outdoor counter service restaurant does, but that’s seasonal, if that. Maybe I’m just unlucky, but I’ve never seen that place open.

Green Eggs and Ham might be the most iconic fictional food ever. I could pay good money just to Instagram myself eating it.

Universal just has to make a version of it that looks good. Doesn’t even have to taste good. Big splashy rollout, serve it throughout the land, and make a big social media push (BuzzFeed Gif videos and all). For a couple months, I could see Seuss Landing having the most popular restaurants in the resort.

Universal - please steal my idea.