Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just getting back to Seuss Landing Expansion.. ;)

I remember seeing a few pages back, that they are considering doing a refurb of Cat that'd replace the current ride system with something more..modern. I wonder how that'd affect the overall ride experience, considering that we have seen retrackings of various attractions from the past few years to keep to modern times.

honestly, I just don't understand that opinion at all. It's like one of the easiest movies to like. It's extremely nostalgic, and the humor holds up really well.

Nostalgic? Yes. But that doesn't mean it's good. The "humor" is not funny, which is probably the biggest problem with it.

Do you hate the movie Forest Gump too?

Oh my god you have no idea.

Reactions: rhino4evr

I remember seeing a few pages back, that they are considering doing a refurb of Cat that'd replace the current ride system with something more..modern. I wonder how that'd affect the overall ride experience, considering that we have seen retrackings of various attractions from the past few years to keep to modern times.
Yea, if I remember correctly, the ride system is no longer supported/being manufactured. And it’s the same system as MiB.

honestly, I just don't understand that opinion at all. It's like one of the easiest movies to like. It's extremely nostalgic, and the humor holds up really well.
Do you hate the movie Forest Gump too?
Yes. And the humor is really spot on for us oldsters who experienced many of the same exact situations when growing up. I was probably one of the few here to actually see the movie when it first came out. It had a terrible ad campaign. They only showed the close up scene where Santa kicks Ralphie down the chute and the elf stares menacingly at him. That scene, in no way, represented what the movie was about. At the time, the ad made it seem like a horror type Santa film. And that was probably the primary reason the movie did poorly at the box office. We went basically just to see any kind of Christmas movie, since they made so few of them back in the 80's. What a great surprise the movie was. Almost every scene, I experienced as a child. The nostalgia of that first viewing completely consumed me. And the laughs were belly laughs, not just mild snickers. I immediately called all of my vast family, and nearly everyone went to see it, and loved it. My GF at the time, and I, then went to see it another two times at the theater.Then the movie disappeared until it had it's renaissance on TV, and that's when the mass popularity came...... It was definitely a different time period. Everything was more family oriented. No social media, no 400 TV channels, people were closer to each other back then. They actually talked to one another face to face. Though the movie took place in the 40's, the Christmases of the 50's were still exactly like that for most families. Perhaps those younger don't understand or appreciate the humor since their childhoods were spent in vastly different settings. But even today, after hundreds of viewings, that movie still floods me with nostalgia, and the final, so realistic and touching, scene of Ralphie smiling & going to sleep and mom & dad relaxing as the snow falls, just always brings the past to life again.

Last edited:

I hope Universal goes all out and make this an amazing dark ride. New ride system, new scene's, new effects although I like the ridevehicle couch-look a lot.

In a lot of ways the 40s WERE the golden age of Christmas. The majority of Christmas music that is still played every year is from that era in time. I wasn't alive in the 40s or 50s, but I still feel nostalgic for a more innocent time, when it was a lot more magical.

The film does a good job of seeing Christmas through the eyes of a child. Which a lot of other films attempt, but don't come close at all.

So say Universal wants to add a new ride to SL, would they want to theme it to the Illumination movies or even the new WB Cat in the Hat? Or has that ship passed already?

You laugh... but the main circuit panel inside Mummy was still labeled "Kong" within the past year.

When I talk about how "regional" Universal is with how it manages itself, stuff like this is why.
All of the stuff at Disaster! was still labeled Earthquake at closing. (Even the displays).

Reactions: tankart150