Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love the trackless ride system idea, if indeed true.

I've stopped underestimating what Universal is capable of. However, I can't fathom Kong and Lorax opening the same year. Perhaps Lorax in 2015, Kong in 2016??

I love the trackless ride system idea, if indeed true.

I've stopped underestimating what Universal is capable of. However, I can't fathom Kong and Lorax opening the same year. Perhaps Lorax in 2015, Kong in 2016??

I believe this would be a perfect balance and feasible actually. They are creating a whole new land for HP and the Cabana resort to open in 2014. I wrote to HTF on twitter asking about new hotel plans in 2015 and he said there would be an expansion to cabana but didnt specify the date. The reason I asked is because although Kong and Lorax are great IPs, they wont bring in the numbers that a new HP land would. In order for Universal to keep their occupancy and sales high and comparative with 2014, they will have to do something BIG (King kong Big) for 2015.

If it were my guess. 2015 will bring in the 3 new rides we are expecting, something new to the city walk, and of course new rumors for us to argue about :thumbs:

I believe this would be a perfect balance and feasible actually. They are creating a whole new land for HP and the Cabana resort to open in 2014. I wrote to HTF on twitter asking about new hotel plans in 2015 and he said there would be an expansion to cabana but didnt specify the date. The reason I asked is because although Kong and Lorax are great IPs, they wont bring in the numbers that a new HP land would. In order for Universal to keep their occupancy and sales high and comparative with 2014, they will have to do something BIG (King kong Big) for 2015.

If it were my guess. 2015 will bring in the 3 new rides we are expecting, something new to the city walk, and of course new rumors for us to argue about :thumbs:

You've got some sound reasoning... I could definitely see the Kong E-ticket, JP Amber Mine coaster, a Lorax dark ride and new show for the Fear Factor stage all happening within 2015-early 2016

You know what is funny? I have a kid and never been to If I Ran a Zoo, will have to check it out next time I am there.

You've got some sound reasoning... I could definitely see the Kong E-ticket, JP Amber Mine coaster, a Lorax dark ride and new show for the Fear Factor stage all happening within 2015-early 2016

Your approval means the world :)

But i was also thinking of this... In 2014 all the attention will be in UOR with the opening of HP. what a perfect chance then to maximize on the lower occupancy in IOA (How amazing, a Day when occupancy in USO begins to pass the occupancy of IOA). So while visitors are in Diagon Alley and can take a shuttle straight to Hogsmeade, other areas, like suess and kong can be worked on with lower occupancy in those areas. What I see happening is a trend of 1 year IOA 1 year USO. 2016 will be the year that Kids zone in UOR is refreshed since 2015 goes to IOA, following year, as HTF has said, we will most likely see action in TL... Hopefully LOTR is the call.
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Reactions: Jenstar
Not a fan of getting rid of If I Ran the Zoo. It's a fantastic play area, especially when Green Eggs is begging to be demo'ed

Same. It's one of those little areas tucked into the corner that brings a lot of charm to the park. I'd rather them just scrap Green Eggs & Ham... though I guess if we were lucky they could demo If I Ran the Zoo and place some of the creatures/interactive elements throughout the land. I wouldn't mind that so much.

If I ran a zoo is a great play area and is usually fairly crowded, at least when I am there. Lots of cute interactive features in there. Have to admit I dont think I have ever even seen whats on the menu at green eggs.

I think these attractions are going to be spread out more than we think. I don't see them opening 3 major attractions all in one year. The point is to keep guests coming back.

I think these attractions are going to be spread out more than we think. I don't see them opening 3 major attractions all in one year. The point is to keep guests coming back.

It's really not. The point is to increase guests coming to the resort in the first place, not coming back. Most visitors to Orlando are not repeats every year.

It's really not. The point is to increase guests coming to the resort in the first place, not coming back. Most visitors to Orlando are not repeats every year.

Believe me. I would love a triple whammy of new attractions all in one hit. But I don't think it's ideal and I feel like the advertising would also be confused, unless it's all wrapped up in a big 25th anniversary bow.

Believe me. I would love a triple whammy of new attractions all in one hit. But I don't think it's ideal and I feel like the advertising would also be confused, unless it's all wrapped up in a big 25th anniversary bow.
I agree. While I too love the idea of of more attractions, I just don't see them all happening in the same year.

With Kong coming to IOA, and now the Lorax, is the JP amber mine coaster still happening? I thought I read that it was put on the back burner, along with Disaster's eventual replacement. Perhaps I'm mistaken.

The point is to make people once-a-year visitors.......

Wow that would be a poor strategy, to just assume everyones only coming once and build everything all at one time. That goes against everything anybody in PR, advertising, or marketing go for. The point is to keep people coming back even if they may not have neccesarily planned to. You get em in with Potter, guaranteed. Then you get them BACK with promises of the Lorax. Then JP. Then Kong. Boom youve just created 4 vacations. Do you honestly believe Universal wants to consolidate everyones visits by expanding all at once?

The point is to make people once-a-year visitors.......

Wow that would be a poor strategy, to just assume everyones only coming once and build everything all at one time. That goes against everything anybody in PR, advertising, or marketing go for. The point is to keep people coming back even if they may not have neccesarily planned to. You get em in with Potter, guaranteed. Then you get them BACK with promises of the Lorax. Then JP. Then Kong. Boom youve just created 4 vacations. Do you honestly believe Universal wants to consolidate everyones visits by expanding all at once?

I agree. I also think there's an ongoing effort to increase the length of vacations - notice the trend of the additions of attractions (Rockit, Transformers, multiple HP attractions in Gringotts vs. just JAWS, Lorax, etc.) instead of the simple replacement. This creates more to do and makes it hard to do everything in just two days. With the expansion of hotel rooms and strong rumors of a water park, they're clearly looking to dominate 3-4 days (or the entire) of the trip.

Not a fan of getting rid of If I Ran the Zoo. It's a fantastic play area, especially when Green Eggs is begging to be demo'ed
I would think BOTH would go away if this is the chosen plot for Lorax.. Doesn't seem like a big enough area without losing both, and Green Eggs is closed more than its open anyway so no loss there (although I always thought it looked cool, never ate there).. That would leave the area near (or including) 1F2F for Grinch :thumbs:

I would think BOTH would go away if this is the chosen plot for Lorax.. Doesn't seem like a big enough area without losing both, and Green Eggs is closed more than its open anyway so no loss there (although I always thought it looked cool, never ate there).. That would leave the area near (or including) 1F2F for Grinch :thumbs:

Sneetch Beach could hypothetically fit 1F2F without destroying If I Ran the Zoo... then demo Green Eggs and Ham, leaving an opening for both Grinch and the Lorax without removing any attractions :smiley:

I'd rather have them move it opposite of If I Ran the Zoo, on the other side of the bridge. I would like to see them re-design that whole side to incorporate the water falls into the ride. Have the first level with the ride load and unload platform. Have the water flow out from the center or the centrifuge (sorta like the new Dumbo spinners), under the vehicles, under the platform and cascade down a new set of waterfalls and into the lagoon (or collection pool).

The thing with the Ham is that even if it's closed it's still a great visual that everyone KNOWS as soon as they see it. It's also one of those things where it provides needed capacity during busy times and adding another attraction or two and growing attendance will make those time more frequent.

Relocating One Fish, Two Fish is relatively easy and there are several places it could go and cause minimal disruption/change to what already exists.