Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 172 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lol watch it be better than anything HHN would have put out. I will remain cautiously optimistic at best

I'm lucky, in my country our main haunt has had Conjuring, IT and SAW for years. And my local amusement park haunt had a house with pretty much everyone in it lol, and I mean everyone: Pennywise, Myers, Voorhees, Freddy, Annabelle, Ghostface, Leatherface, Ring girl, Jigsaw, Grady twins, and probably a few I forgot. I think they may have fractured a few copyright laws doing that.

Props to the mountain for taking it up a notch. It looks like a fun event.

I’m sure this has been asked before but I have a trip booked in sept and I was planning 2 nights at hhn but now I’m really considering doing fright fest just for Saw and the conjuring. I’ve also never been to MM and love coasters. Do y’all think it’s worth skipping a second night of hhn for fright fest?

I’m sure this has been asked before but I have a trip booked in sept and I was planning 2 nights at hhn but now I’m really considering doing fright fest just for Saw and the conjuring. I’ve also never been to MM and love coasters. Do y’all think it’s worth skipping a second night of hhn for fright fest?
Look up video's of mazes of the past

They are fine but no where at the level of HHN and Knott"s also puts more money down

This is the first year they have had good IP's in a longgggg time so hopefully they don't waste the opportunity

This probably isn’t convenient but I would definitely wait until after the event begins and reviews/videos are up. It’s really exciting that they got these IPs, but FF has been lacking for a while. It’s possible (maybe even likely) that they drop the ball.

If you can’t wait and have to decide soon, I’d recommend skipping, especially because you might need those two nights just to do HHN (depending on your ticket). I’m for sure going, but I’m local. If you’re planning a trip, it feels like a bigger risk.

As I said in my previous post, I asked the SFMM booth that. They didn't give a straightforward answer, but did say to keep checking websites for individual parks.

Part of me says that if they're investing all the money for the rights, it'd make good finical and marketing sense to make it chain-wide. But then again, perhaps not all parks would have the space to accommodate two additional mazes (or would be able to give up current mazes to add them in).

It really just depends on your tickets, and what's important to you.

If it's really important that you experience all the HHN mazes, but you don't have any sort of upgraded tickets, then yeah, it's going to take you two nights to see all the mazes (and possibly shows, whenever those are officially announced).

But if you're a major coaster junkie and have never been to SFMM, I'd say add the day there. They don't have a hard close, so you can go from day to haunt without needing to leave the park. And as much as I love SFMM, I can't deny their ops have been inconsistant at best. They've been a bit better lately about having most of their rides open, but there always seems to be some major ride(s) closed randomly (at the moment, it's Crazanity and Goliath). And a few others, usually Revolution, will have single train ops. And their mazes aren't as good at HHN to be sure, but I don't think they're as bad as many people say and the scareactor talent is really improving. And their haunt tickets are usually quite a bit cheaper than HHN, even their Front of Line pass, so it'd be a relatively afforable thing to get.

That's what the people at the SFMM booth at Midsummer said when I asked them. Behind the games near Tatsu.

When I said that, I expressed some surprised, but they replied, "You'd be surprised how much space is back there." I've never thought about it before, but I guess I will now...

And if Saw is in the old warehouse in the Tidal Wave area, it now makes sense why I saw a large, unthemed (and seemingly randomly placed) patch of asphalt behind construction walls. I'll gamble it'll be for the queue, at least for now.

Was debating on going to SFMM tomorrow. Should I get a Flash Pass, if so, which one? Also, what rides are closed right now? I checked the app and it looked like a long list, but couldn't tell if that meant "closed early today" or if it just means closed for awhile. I haven't done West Coast Racers or Wonder Woman, so those would be the priority, along Tatsu, Justice League, Twisted Colossus, Full Throttle and Batman.

Nobody really knows what will be open at SFMM on any given day anymore unfortunately. But I've generally had good luck with both WCR and WW, as those are 2 of the very few coasters that consistently run 2 trains. Can't comment on Flash pass, I don't normally buy it, but lines for WCR are generally long; it's very popular, so if that's high priority, might be worth it for you. WW has quick operations fortunately, so shorter lines, but every time I've visited the queue building AC was...not handling the heat

I was briefly at the park today. It's possible I may have missed something, but what looked closed was Apocalypse, JL, Crazanity, and Goliath. I didn't go up the hill, so not sure about Superman or Ninja, but I never noticed them running, so I wouldn't count on them. JL hasn't been open for months; I think they just don't want to staff it.

As best as I could tell, though, all else seemed to be open (including Roaring Rapids and Jet Stream!). Oh wait, Drop of Doom was testing, but not clear if it opened. I rode it about a week ago, so they're trying to open it, but it seems to be somewhat temperamental.

Reactions: ParksandSights
I know Goliath has been down for a while, no word on what's happening there. Apocalypse was also closed when I last visited, and was running pretty rough earlier this year.
It's too bad, because they had many of the effects in the queue working, and I love a good wild GCI