Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 174 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think they have the money for a Giga-- even a small one. Unless one gets cancelled at another park or one falls off a truck, I don't see it happening. Think smaller...

Reactions: Jake S
I don't think they have the money for a Giga-- even a small one. Unless one gets cancelled at another park or one falls off a truck, I don't see it happening. Think smaller...
An Intamin or Vekoma Hyper, especially with their modern design touches, would do fantastic work for the park. Doubly so for Intamin, as they will be seeming working with the company on Ultra Surf in Georgia, and have been working on Falcons Flight.

Feels like a no brainer, especially if it’s like Hyperion in intensity.

Reactions: Michael S
I actually think a Vekoma Tilt Coaster would be a jaw-dropping grand addition to Magic Mountain. The one heading to Qiddiya looks massive, and maybe if recent rumblings about Great Adventure acquiring COTAland's Tilt Coaster are true, it could be a possibility.

But obviously, everyone wants the "G" word at Magic Mountain.

The new ride would have to be big and outshine their current lineup. WWFC obviously didn’t do much for attendance and got lost in the sea of the park’s current coasters because it doesn’t really stand out or is a “we gotta travel there to ride it” coaster. Combine that with the unthemed concrete DC universe they created and still haven’t finished and… yeah.

I don't understand why we're talking about new coasters when they can't keep their current lineup running consistently.

Probably because that’s never stopped them from adding them before.

Also, from what I’ve heard, the next ride will involve the closing of a current one, keeping their count at 20.

Reactions: Freak
Goliath makes sense, considering that planned repainting project got paused suddenly it seems. Could also make sense due to how much downtime it has had over the course of the past two years.

Hoping it's not Ninja, purely because of how unique it is, alongside the small things they've been doing like fencing around the area.

Samurai summit has been neglected for years, so I would fully support a major coaster paired with a complete overhaul of the area. Hopefully they can reopen that restaurant

I’ve heard it might be Ninja

In terms of age and likely being difficult to maintain (due to the scarcity of that model), I could see it.

On the other hand, aren't they putting up a ton of new fencing all around the ride as we speak? It seems weird to be doing that if it's on the chopping block. It'd also be unfortunate in that it's a bit more "family" friendly (on a relative scale), and rides better than say, Viper.

And hasn't it been rumored for a while that Samuri Summit is the next area to get an upgrade, especially as it's the last area in the park to get one?

I also wonder about the future of JL... that's been closed for many, many months by now.

Last edited:
Was in the park today, and Justice League was actually open! Got a ride on it! Drop of Doom was also open, as was Superman (forward only) and Riddler.

Closed rides seemed to be: Goliath (anyone know what's happening with that now?), Ninja, Apocalypse (getting retracked), Crazanity. I also believe X2 was down, but I didn't head that way.

In Fright Fest news, there are now obscured fences all around the Tatsu games, so I'm pretty confident The Conjuring will be there. There's also a large black tent in the Tidal Wave space with asphalt underneath, but nothing else yet. So not sure if that will be a queue and the maze will be in the near-ish by warehouse, or if the maze is being made off-site and will just be shipped and reassembled under the tent. I'm starting to think the latter, but we'll see. They are also nearly finished with a very small park/garden area in the same space.

Also, it's the last weekend of Taste of the World Festival, but know that many items are sold out. I guess that means it's doing well? Overall, I must admit, I thought it was surprisingly good.

Lastly, I saw the old Jelly Belly store is being worked on, and it appears they will be converting it to a contactless payment store (like the Amazon supermarkets). It's still under heavy construction, but there's a pretty obvious payment portal right inside the door.

Last edited:
I've seen some people suggest that the tent is just a queue, and the maze is inside the games warehouse nearby...but that might be extreme wishful thinking lol. I'll be there tomorrow to see for myself

Reactions: saint.piss
I think we can be optomisic about The Conjuring. That's by the games that used to be by Tatsu, and there's clearly a lot of construction happening around there. I've already heard from someone who's worked on it.

Saw, I'm not so sure. Yes, there is a tent up there with nothing under it. It's up for debate whether that space is for the maze or not. Keep in mind behind that tent is a warehouse that used to house mazes in the past. So it's conceivable that the Saw maze has been built in the building, and the tent is just for a queue.

Another possibility is that the maze is being made offsite (which is how Condamned was made), and then it's just a matter of shipping the pieces over for assembly. Admittedly, if that's the case, it's still cutting it short, but could be doable.