Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 176 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Was there always 2 tents at the rumored Saw location? Cuz there is today
1000002307.jpg
I will also add that there is not a single scare zone prop on stage. I did see several Territory twisted props beside the brake run for TC

I'm expecting to hear McCoy has"departed" from the company any day now. He's an absentee landlord, and it hasn't gone unnoticed.
From screamscape lol

Six Flags - (8/13/2023) Following the latest earnings call from Six Flags, more internal shake ups with company management have been discovered. Right at the bottom of this document the company announced on August 11, 2023 that their Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary, Aimee Williams-Ramey, has departed the company and will take on simply a consulting duty with Six Flags over the next 10 months. This news comes as Williams-Ramey only just started this new position a little over a year ago.
In other news that is unconfirmed, I’ve heard a possible rumor that yet another Park President has departed the company from one of the West coast parks. Thus far I’ve been unable to verify this, but if you know more please do let me know.

Was there always 2 tents at the rumored Saw location? Cuz there is today
View attachment 19507
I will also add that there is not a single scare zone prop on stage. I did see several Territory twisted props beside the brake run for TC

The tents have been there for about a week or so by now. Anticipated to be the location of the Saw maze.

Also, the parts for Territory Twisted appear to stay near the brake run of TC all year long when not in use.

I actually wouldn't be too worried about not much scare zone stuff going up in the park yet... they can often roll that sort of stuff out virtually overnight.

The fact that Saw is not in place is more worrying, and while its obviously annoying that it will be delayed, at least SFMM gets some very slight credit for coming out with the fact before FF even started.

Reactions: Freak and Clive
I like coasters with themes, but F&F Coaster and other's that are just steel feel, lazy to me.

For the most part, this is the difference between a theme park and an amusement park.

Magic Mountain is, like most parks in the world that aren't Disney or Universal, an amusement park. To expect a high level of theming from them is not realistic and not going to happen, no matter how you feel. Sure, it does happen from time to time, but it's the exception, not the rule.

If you don't like, it's just not the park for you, and likely never will be. And that's fine. Visit a theme park instead.

For the most part, this is the difference between a theme park and an amusement park.

Magic Mountain is, like most parks in the world that aren't Disney or Universal, an amusement park. To expect a high level of theming from them is not realistic and not going to happen, no matter how you feel. Sure, it does happen from time to time, but it's the exception, not the rule.

If you don't like, it's just not the park for you, and likely never will be. And that's fine. Visit a theme park instead.
To me, while I do understand the thematic differences and distinctions, operations at amusement parks should be at theme park level (think Cedar Point). I love this park a lot, but wow does the current management not know how to run it.

^ To be fair, even Jefferey Siebert would struggle to run SFMM on its current yearly budget. A park like SFMM needs Cedar Point type money yearly to fully staff a theme park of its size.

This park needs a strong leader and a larger operating budget. Currently it has neither, so it becomes a daily struggle to decide what opens and what remains closed.

^ To be fair, even Jefferey Siebert would struggle to run SFMM on its current yearly budget. A park like SFMM needs Cedar Point type money yearly to fully staff a theme park of its size.

This park needs a strong leader and a larger operating budget. Currently it has neither, so it becomes a daily struggle to decide what opens and what remains closed.
If SFMM truly is the flagship park of the chain, they could at least treat it like one. Give it the proper funding and care it needs.

Fully agreed, since in comparison Fiesta Texas by many accounts has been fairing very well under Jeff's leadership. It's not as big as SFMM, and it's clearly been getting the budget, consistent additions and general updates it needs.

SFMM has consistently been a tough nut to crack, it's a big park that needs a big budget to operate well. But without it, it's gonna' chew up and spit out one GM after the other.

That actually wouldn't have been a bad idea... and while I have no intel here other than my own gut instinct, I would suspect that they may not be sure if Saw and Conjuring mazes would be returning next year--after all, we have no idea if SF got the rights to these properties just for this year, or if it'll be a year by year thing? Because I'd be shocked if they were in perpetuity.

Meanwhile, their other mazes can be permanent because it's their own originals, so they can more just improve them rather than completely recreate them (unless they want to change a theme).

Not to be pedantic, but I don't understand why they just don't rework the Truth or Dare maze into Saw? That thing was blank walls and no theming already and it was somehow tied to some torture games or something.
I wonder if this is something they are purchasing from a third party since other Six Flags parks are also doing it. It would make sense for them to just buy everything and have a third party set up and run it so it's the same in all the parks.

Sad thing is that FF is two weeks away, and nothing has occurred at those tents yet. MM is still hiring and has a hiring event this weekend. I keep saying, but don't hold out for much with FF.

The guy in the video is claiming that Golden Bear is about to be torn down for a new ride. Interesting since the rumors all point to Samurai Summit being the focus for the next addition, but what would the ride be if these claims are true? Maybe SS will be next year and this will be the ‘25 project?

I also saw some survey equipment on my last visit, but I haven't seen anyone else report that rumor. I have visited SFMM off and on since the early 00's and I have never set foot in the Golden Bear theater. As he says in the video, it's not really that big, so even if they combine that footprint with Pistachio park, would that only be large enough for a flat?

The guy in the video is claiming that Golden Bear is about to be torn down for a new ride. Interesting since the rumors all point to Samurai Summit being the focus for the next addition, but what would the ride be if these claims are true? Maybe SS will be next year and this will be the ‘25 project?

Time to go permit hunting!

They are really committed to the Giga Bit
f1I4MKQ.jpg

I find that a bit hard to believe... the Golden Bear Theater is still used fairly often for Cheer and Dance events, which bring a ton of money and ticket sales into the park. That said, anything's possible... that source is generally pretty reliable.

It would be a bit sad for historical reasons... a lot of amazing people have performed there, including Cher, Barbara Streisand, The Carpenters, Sparks, Berlin, KISS, and the movie Spinal Tap.

SCVHistory.com LW2919 | Magic Mountain | Variety Show in 7-Up Showcase Theatre, 1970s

Last edited: