Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 177 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I find that a bit hard to believe... the Golden Bear Theater is still used fairly often for Cheer and Dance events, which bring a ton of money and ticket sales into the park. That said, anything's possible... that source is generally pretty reliable.

It would be a bit sad for historical reasons... a lot of amazing people have performed there, including Cher, Barbara Streisand, The Carpenters Sparks, Berlin, KISS, and the movie Spinal Tap.

SCVHistory.com LW2919 | Magic Mountain | Variety Show in 7-Up Showcase Theatre, 1970s
I think if they wanted to make some type of replacement they could make one that is bigger than the Golden Bear Theater and also provide more protection from the CA summers than what is currently standing

Not sure how a giga could fit in that spot. The lift hill and turnaround alone would overlap it. Unless they do a Flashback style coaster where it just goes out and back with diving lol. An Intamin family launch coaster like Hagrids would be good here or even a Vekoma like Big Bear Mountain at Dollywood. Park needs more family things to do to bring that clientele in like Knott’s. Especially with the whispers of Ninja leaving. Excluding the 4 kiddie coasters in Bugs Bunny land, the park only has Ninja and Gold Rusher to bridge the gap between the bigger coasters.

I find that a bit hard to believe... the Golden Bear Theater is still used fairly often for Cheer and Dance events, which bring a ton of money and ticket sales into the park. That said, anything's possible... that source is generally pretty reliable.

It would be a bit sad for historical reasons... a lot of amazing people have performed there, including Cher, Barbara Streisand, The Carpenters, Sparks, Berlin, KISS, and the movie Spinal Tap.

SCVHistory.com LW2919 | Magic Mountain | Variety Show in 7-Up Showcase Theatre, 1970s
My high school show choir performed there in the mid 90s. Never knew we shared the stage with Cher, Streisand, etc. Thanks for the history lesson!

I've heard its a mega coaster but that the "drop" is 300 ft. and it will focus on speed over airtime. I wouldnt consider it a giga coaaster.

I've heard its a mega coaster but that the "drop" is 300 ft. and it will focus on speed over airtime. I wouldnt consider it a giga coaaster.

That's how I would describe Orion (well, I think we disagree on whether it's a giga or not), is a coaster like that what we should be expecting here?

Last edited:

Didn't read the 300 ft bit, but if it's a B&M like Orion, that still is a really good get. Galactus put it well with something that has an element of speed like that coaster.

Admittedly though; my mind's making me wonder if it could be something by Intamin, as part of a multi-part package that includes Ultra Surf from SFOG and whatever this Mega coaster is for SFMM. Would make sense if they had a deal to break that'd guarantee multiple investment to make it worth it.

I mean, 300ft does fit the definition of giga. Millenium Force is 308ft, and is a giga.

Honestly, if they are doing that, I'm a bit shocked. Despite the twitter-baiting, I never imagined they'd ever really get the budget for something like that in the near future, especially given the way the park is currently run with not-so-great ops on the whole. So I'm still a bit skeptical (not unlike the solar parking that was first promised in 2018, recently re-promised, and I still see no movement on that, so...)

But hey, if it does happen, I'm all for it. MF is also all about speed and no real airtime, and I love it.

Reactions: Freak

It would be a bit sad for historical reasons... a lot of amazing people have performed there, including Cher, Barbara Streisand, The Carpenters, Sparks, Berlin, KISS, and the movie Spinal Tap.

That stage saved Magic Mountain. Apparently the big name concerts kept the park afloat in the early years before Six Flags.

Reactions: Rideguy70
^ This is why I laugh when people say they wish the park could go back to the Pre-Six Flags ownership. As much as we rag on Six Flags (and often for good reason), without SF, this park would have long ago closed and would likely be several overpriced apartment complexes.

Reactions: Freak
This is a bit besides the point, but as six flags seems to be investing more into creating unique indentities for each new area and ride (IE West Coast Racers and the Underground), I wonder what the theme of this ride could be? The grizzled theater area has a unique identity already so they may fit it in to the wilderness vibe, or maybe retheme the surrounding flat rides?

LOL...the GiGa rumors are everywhere now. There is a new ride coming 100 percent. But my knowledge so far is limited. But if it's not a Giga, we're going to get a Kings Island style revolt from thoosies. And if it is, Great Adventure fans will hate SF forever.

Reactions: chris.g
LOL...the GiGa rumors are everywhere now. There is a new ride coming 100 percent. But my knowledge so far is limited. But if it's not a Giga, we're going to get a Kings Island style revolt from thoosies. And if it is, Great Adventure fans will hate SF forever.
Wonder if this leaks like Wonder Women did

I think everyone who doesn’t have SFMM as their home six flags park, will be mad at any major coaster addition to this park, made in the next few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Southerncoasterer