Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 178 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Something I am puzzling on is what Chris Galindo spoke with the sake of NInja being where part of the replacement could be. Assuming if it starts with a giga drop like Orion, then you could actually just have it start straight and then work up the mountain from there on, using the speed and momentum gained from the drop as part of the course of the coaster.

Would beg the question on where else this coaster is gonna go around, because you'd have to deal with it being situated in-between Tatsu, Jet Stream, and Superman.

Something I am puzzling on is what Chris Galindo spoke with the sake of NInja being where part of the replacement could be. Assuming if it starts with a giga drop like Orion, then you could actually just have it start straight and then work up the mountain from there on, using the speed and momentum gained from the drop as part of the course of the coaster.

Would beg the question on where else this coaster is gonna go around, because you'd have to deal with it being situated in-between Tatsu, Jet Stream, and Superman.
What if that’s something else entirely?

What if that’s something else entirely?

Maybe, but with the way it is positioned, you could hypothetically begin the coaster in the current load station of Ninja. From there, you can then have it begin it's ascent towards that of the Lucky Dragon, which has had the markers since earlier in the year; and then to fall down into the valley.

1693099009076.png

From there, you go forward with the layout with the knowing that you will need to have the speed to make it back up to the mountainside where Ninja is in the process.

EDIT: Is it something else? probably, but it is falling in my mind over the course of the past night. They'd do better with a large flat at the theater, but it feels like you can do something with that space for the sake of the giga.

if anything, Lucky Dragon would be the better space for a Screamin' Swing, only because of how Full Throttle is situated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freak and chris.g
I personally do think the two things passed on to me are connected, but I did hear about Ninja going before knowing anything about Golden Bear
If Ninja and Golden Bear are truly both getting axed for a giga, I'm glad we're getting it, but I can't help but feel SFMM is taking the worst possible route with putting one in. The preferable route, at least IMO, would be to dump Viper to put it in. At least you would have a new icon gleaming over the front of the park welcoming guests, and it would look better-placed.

In this hypothetical scenario, we're losing a historic theater that they can still use, a classic and much-needed intermediate thrill coaster for families, for one big coaster....again, if it is for that long-awaited giga, I suppose the payoff will be worth it....but do they really need to go through all of that just for one coaster? They have a lot more space to work with.

No matter what, I think it's a big mistake to get rid of Ninja, but since when was SFMM known for making great decisions?

In this hypothetical scenario, we're losing a historic theater that they can still use, a classic and much-needed intermediate thrill coaster for families, for one big coaster....again, if it is for that long-awaited giga, I suppose the payoff will be worth it....but do they really need to go through all of that just for one coaster? They have a lot more space to work with.

No matter what, I think it's a big mistake to get rid of Ninja, but since when was SFMM known for making great decisions?
I think this reasoning is actually why I'm starting to believe in this rumored attraction more and more.

If this does turn out to be as big a ride as rumored, people should remember that SFMM likes to have major elements like drops and loops visible and intimidating as you exit the freeway, heading up towards the toll booths. That may determine how this thing, whatever it is, has been designed.

What is the lift hill heads up towards Superman, with a twisted drop back towards Full Throttle? Just throwing that out there.

Last edited:
While I won't be surprised if all this speculation may actually come to pass, it feels strange to me for them to be focusing on a possible giga coaster that's removing existing structures, when there's already some much space available in the park just sitting there. Just off the top of my head: the old Deja Vu spot, Tidal Wave spot, Pistachio Park/Swiss Twist, he Flash/Musik Express, the lower Dragon station, and Laughing Dragon.

Admittedly, none of those spaces could hold a giga, but they'd be perfect for a flat ride package, like many other SF parks have gotten, and arguably SFMM needs more than another coaster. And it'd also be a heck of a lot cheaper for them, too--which is usually the route SF goes, let's be real.

Reactions: Freak
Got to the park 15min before opening on Thursday. At 11:15, 45 min after park opening on a 5pm close day. I’m not exaggerating at all, these rides were all closed still. Now some were down and some opened later but still…

Full throttle
Goliath
Twisted Colossus
Wonder Woman
Crazanity
Scrambler
Bumper cars
Justice league
Log ride
Ninja
Superman
Gold rusher
West coast racer
Apocalypse (stopped walking here and turned around)
X2

What’s is the point of opening the park even? Also they were closed the last 2 days. So no excuses. Wonder Woman broke down 2 times in an hour after it opened late. They didn’t even block off the queue one time. Staff was just yelling from the station to the outdoor queue, we’re broken, get outta line. Even though there was 6 staff in the station and 2 mechanic people. Didn’t send a person to the entrance to block it off ever, Ops just chatting for 15min about life lol.

The in park wait time board was listing wait times for rides that were 100% down and had no one in queues, I mean c'mon guys. And when I left the park the queue board had every major coaster listed 45-90min waits. Yet when I get to my car the parking lot was only half way to scream. Everyone is just forced to ride the same 4 things all day.

I saw multiple staff at every ride doing nothing. 3 people at Goldrusher didn't know what to do when a train returned and the seat pads fell off for a row (a guest just handed them one, really well kept park), should we just close off the row they debated for 45 seconds. Unsure. A manger walks up at the perfect time. They ask what do we do!? He tells them to close the row. They do, we load. The staff here is always less informed than any theme park and really seem like they don’t wanna be there.

It’s the little things, like for example. There was 2 employees standing at the exit turnstiles. I was the only person exiting the park at 12:45 and they didn’t stop there convo about regular things to say good bye or have a nice day. Now I personally don’t care or need someone to say that. But it’s the little things like that, that all add up. Every time I leave Knotts or Disney someone is saying bye.

I mean this a park that on preview day for Wonder Woman was selling warm soda and water with just one poor teen on a broken register in 105 heat in the DC area with a 20 person deep line to get water ? Every time I go I’m just amazed how poorly run this place is and continues to be.

I have no idea how on earth this park could handle another major coaster or a giga. As a coaster enthusiast who wants a giga more than anything in California and has dreamed of a B&M hyper for 15 years I actually can’t think of a worse thing for six flags to do then build another coaster. I'll ride it gladly but let’s just see if I can go 3 visits in a row with seeing all the trash cans actually emptied out from the day before first.

Last edited:
Maybe, but with the way it is positioned, you could hypothetically begin the coaster in the current load station of Ninja. From there, you can then have it begin it's ascent towards that of the Lucky Dragon, which has had the markers since earlier in the year; and then to fall down into the valley.

View attachment 19577

From there, you go forward with the layout with the knowing that you will need to have the speed to make it back up to the mountainside where Ninja is in the process.

EDIT: Is it something else? probably, but it is falling in my mind over the course of the past night. They'd do better with a large flat at the theater, but it feels like you can do something with that space for the sake of the giga.

if anything, Lucky Dragon would be the better space for a Screamin' Swing, only because of how Full Throttle is situated.
Weren't the markers by Lucky Dragon where they dug up to place the new electrical that was installed? Almost every building in MM has a permit for new electrical.

MM doesn't have a log ride (from list above).

Was at the park today, and lots of small updates:

• Goliath has reopened
  • The small park in the old Tidal Wave space is open
  • The food booths that were used for Taste of the World are now getting ready to be repurposed for Oktoberfest (four of them, anyway)
  • Scare zone construction is well under way, and nearly done in most locations
  • The top of the mountain (Superman, Ninja, and Magic Mover) is all closed, but a sign was promising they'd be open for Fright Fest. I'll believe it when I see it, but I remain cautiously optimistic
  • Walls are now up all around the Saw maze area, and very large boards are up for a possible facade. Conjuring looked the same, but the doors were open and I could see people working inside (but not much else)
  • Aside from the top of the mountain being closed and JL, Apocolypse, and Crazanity, everything else in the park was open today! That includes Roaring Rapids, Jet Stream, Goliath, Riddler, Drop of Doom, Scream, X2, Viper, and all flat rides. All actually open! Though some did open late--and strangely, the app/Flashpass said some rides were closed when they were actually open.

Was at the park today, and lots of small updates:

• Goliath has reopened
  • The small park in the old Tidal Wave space is open
  • The food booths that were used for Taste of the World are now getting ready to be repurposed for Oktoberfest (four of them, anyway)
  • Scare zone construction is well under way, and nearly done in most locations
  • The top of the mountain (Superman, Ninja, and Magic Mover) is all closed, but a sign was promising they'd be open for Fright Fest. I'll believe it when I see it, but I remain cautiously optimistic
  • Walls are now up all around the Saw maze area, and very large boards are up for a possible facade. Conjuring looked the same, but the doors were open and I could see people working inside (but not much else)
  • Aside from the top of the mountain being closed and JL, Apocolypse, and Crazanity, everything else in the park was open today! That includes Roaring Rapids, Jet Stream, Goliath, Riddler, Drop of Doom, Scream, X2, Viper, and all flat rides. All actually open! Though some did open late--and strangely, the app/Flashpass said some rides were closed when they were actually open.

I love/hate how "only" six rides being closed - four of them being headliners - is a victory for this park.

^Compared to horror stories I've heard (and occasionally experienced first hand), it's good by comparison.

And I am remembering now that last year, the top of the hill was closed for FF preparations. To their credit, Superman has been open of late until recently, so it may actually just be FF prep (and cost cutting on staffing and ops as well, to be sure). To their detriment, Ninja hasn't been open for a long time, so it'll be interesting to see if it actually does open for FF. I'm not exactly holding my breath, but I hope it does.

At at least Apocolypse is being retracked, so that's a valid reason. Crazanity has been down for a bit, and I seem to recall someone saying it suffered some sort of issue (granted, I have no source here, just a vague memory). JL I suspect is just lazy management/cost cutting... it was open about a month ago. But it just never gets any sort of line, so I wouldn't be surprised if SFMM is sort of just quietly making it SBNO.

SFMM has posted all their FF info on a kiosk in the entrance plaza! Locations for Saw and Conjuring are now confirmed.
IMG_8175.jpg

Also, today the contactless scanners went down, so they had to scan every person entering SFMM and SFHH individually with a wand, which lead to lines like this (taken just after noon today)

On a plus note, JL was open today. That means everything that isn't being worked on/refurbished (Apocolypse, Crazanity) or being prepped for Fright Fest (Ninja, Superman) was actually open.