Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 180 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Watch it somehow get canceled now. I would honestly laugh my @$$ off. HHN would never
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Coming from someone who knows how much time it takes to plan and construct high-quality haunted attractions, for how late they supposedly got the IPs, I don't know why they did not save them for next year. The window for planning here needed to be longer to avoid undesirable outcomes. If they want people to take their event seriously, that should have been the path Six Flags took, but Six Flags Magic Mountain management is Six Flags Magic Mountain management.

Coming from someone who knows how much time it takes to plan and construct high-quality haunted attractions, for how late they supposedly got the IPs, I don't know why they did not save them for next year. The window for planning here needed to be longer to avoid undesirable outcomes. If they want people to take their event seriously, that should have been the path Six Flags took, but Six Flags Magic Mountain management is Six Flags Magic Mountain management.

You’re exactly right. And many of us who work there expressed these concerns. But our current GM would have none of that. He’d rather embarrass the park by trying to rush it out this year to complete with Universal.

Ugh, I probably shouldn’t be posting this. They’re already trying to figure out who I am. :/

so one has to ask; considering this is on *the day of* the intended opening,

is this a construction issue--or a signing off issue of quality. Because if it's the latter..that makes me curious.

I don't know what they paid to license The Conjuring, but only getting two weeks of business out of it seems like a grave error.
I’m also confused why they didn’t just go with The Nun II since that’s coming out soon. It seems more in line with the quality they can pull off at their event. And then maybe save Conjuring for next year? Idk it seems really mismanaged.

I’m also confused why they didn’t just go with The Nun II since that’s coming out soon. It seems more in line with the quality they can pull off at their event. And then maybe save Conjuring for next year? Idk it seems really mismanaged.
It’s because they wanted the Conjuring so they wanted Nun of it.

….I will leave the thread now.

It’s because they wanted the Conjuring so they wanted Nun of it.

….I will leave the thread now.

*drags you back in the thread to suffer for that*

__
Thinking about it and while I doubt this could happen, it is worth considering. Could they potentially be held liable to a situation where WBD could pull out of SFMM's fright fest altogether?

*drags you back in the thread to suffer for that*

__
Thinking about it and while I doubt this could happen, it is worth considering. Could they potentially be held liable to a situation where WBD could pull out of SFMM's fright fest altogether?
Do you mean for this year? Or in the future?

There’re most likely stipulations in the contract that if SF broke would allow WB to terminate it. If it’s a multi-year contract and they haven’t broken any stipulations then SF can most likely do whatever they want within the terms of that.

I expected this when I saw the tents placed and still empty throughout August. Universal started their maze construction way back in March and were working on them the whole time. That should give you an idea of the time it takes for ground-up built mazes. It seems the park got too comfortable reusing their existing maze infrastructure every year.

I can’t stand that the reputation of this park is sinking even more, I want them to do good like the Thurman days! Management, whether corporate or local level, is seriously killing this park.