Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 171 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is it normal now for MM to be closed Tues-Thurs even during FrightFest?

I know they switched to being closed part week but would have thought they would have opened a few more days than Fri-Mon for Frightfest.

Is it normal now for MM to be closed Tues-Thurs even during FrightFest?

I know they switched to being closed part week but would have thought they would have opened a few more days than Fri-Mon for Frightfest.
This is normal. MM is slow during the week, and since this is not a separate ticketed event (only need to upgrade to see mazes) it makes sense to close during the week. Plus they cannot get workers to maintain a 7 day a week operation anymore.

Well, I really haven't been impressed with either of these properties at HHN (counting 2017's Hive in Orlando) or Warner Bros. event (RIP) so the fact that Six Flags of all places might actually create the best haunted versions of these properties is a little wild.

What timeline are we living in?

I remember a few years back I spoke to some people working FF about how they wanted the event to be taken more seriously in the scope of SoCal Haunts, especially as they were beginning to ramp up efforts to put quality in their houses. So much so they considered making the event hard ticketed. I can only wonder if this is executed right and brings success to the event, that it may pave the way to that ambition becoming a reality….

Also I wouldn’t get discouraged about WB properties at SF and them not coming to HHN. Saw was at FF in 09 and Hollywood got it eventually again. Wondering if that may apply to Conjuring….

I remember a few years back I spoke to some people working FF about how they wanted the event to be taken more seriously in the scope of SoCal Haunts, especially as they were beginning to ramp up efforts to put quality in their houses. So much so they considered making the event hard ticketed. I can only wonder if this is executed right and brings success to the event, that it may pave the way to that ambition becoming a reality….

Also I wouldn’t get discouraged about WB properties at SF and them not coming to HHN. Saw was at FF in 09 and Hollywood got it eventually again. Wondering if that may apply to Conjuring….

2019 was the only year I attended FrightFest, but they certainly had the potential to become one of the top-tier events. I feel like HHN played it so safe with all the Saw haunts I experienced, and I don't think Six Flags will- they have no reason to hold back

I would not get your hopes up. It is Magic Mountain after all. You can see by last years attendance figures things did not look good.

Honestly, I don't think SFMM's FF deserves all the hate (exception: last year's Truth or Dare maze design). If nothing else, I feel they're really been improving their scareactor talent. IMO, the scareactors are on nearly the same level at Knott's.

They also mentioned that Scream Break was a huge success for them, and that it would be returning next year. And that the "House Party" version of Condamed will remain for FF as well.

They acknowledged the poor guest feedback for Truth or Dare, and have enhanced it. While I thought the maze design of last year's Truth or Dare was incredibly lazy and mostly all blank walls with virtually no scenic design at all, the scareactors that were in there really tried their best, and I did get a few scares despite the terrible design. I still don't have high hopes, but virtually any change would be welcome for that one. (I am really hoping they removed the faux gun scene... that was in poor taste in today's climate, IMO.)

After the reveal, I did ask them where the mazes would be located. The Conjuring would be near or behind the games by Tatsu, and Saw will be near the old Tidal Wave area (I suspect the same building where a Slaughterhouse maze used to be there years ago, but that's my own conjecture). I also asked if other SF parks would be getting these mazes. They were a bit cagy, but implied at least some other parks might.