Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 113 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost of bushes being planted today, the center of the ride track is getting most of the several hundred I saw and up by the right side of the door along with outside of the track. Lousy pictures, I needed something with a good lens to get in and show it but they are what they are

2016-02-10 10.00.56 (2).jpg
2016-02-10 10.00.31 (2).jpg

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
The outside ride track was being swept clean as well as the queue from kong head towards the load area. Maybe they are having a sneak peak for someone but they could run vehicles on the track now they have everything out of the way. The portion up by the doors is still under construction though.

Scaffold is down from the backdrop, looks like they gave up on the mist painting and will leave it as is for now. They only misted one bay of where the scaffold was. Looks OK but if you saw what they were doing it looks unfinished.

If someone could get me a closeup of the leaves on the roped up tree to the right of the new kong sign I would appreciate it. You can PM me with the pic. Thanks!

On another note... I am surprised they sculpted the new sign at night. I have never ever seen that technique used and wish I understood the premise of it.

Reactions: Ryno27
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. Man that sign is golden, so epic!!! The more trees they add makes it seem more like a jungle, it's so cool seeing it all just form together in these past few days. Wonder when they'll take down some of the work walls so we can walk a little closer to it. Also Violarium, incredible work as per usual. Love it so much

I want to know the interior layout of this ride so bad!
Based off the building size, it hard to picture how much track is not the 360 screen room...?
Especially if the loading/unloading stations are inside as well

Reactions: Ryno27
Well, a hint for you is that the RVs are much shorter than two trams long. Can anyone reach a conclusion from this?
Anyone have aerial shots of KONG 360 to compare to REIGN OF KONG? And perhaps maybe the measurements of the Hollywood Trams?

"Two curved screens, each measuring a massive 187 feet wide by 40 feet high — the equivalent of 16 movie theatre screens — surround the Studio Tour tram" is the only info about size I could pull from the website. I'm a terrible Nancy Drew.

Anyone have aerial shots of KONG 360 to compare to REIGN OF KONG? And perhaps maybe the measurements of the Hollywood Trams?

"Two curved screens, each measuring a massive 187 feet wide by 40 feet high — the equivalent of 16 movie theatre screens — surround the Studio Tour tram" is the only info about size I could pull from the website. I'm a terrible Nancy Drew.

This is what I've concluded so far. Based off what I see, what i know about the original, what i hope they do, and what I hope they dont do.....just ideas.

kong Layout.jpg

lWrJgzh.jpg

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
Status
Not open for further replies.