Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 114 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"Two curved screens, each measuring a massive 187 feet wide by 40 feet high — the equivalent of 16 movie theatre screens — surround the Studio Tour tram" is the only info about size I could pull from the website. I'm a terrible Nancy Drew.

Orlando is completely different than almost every aspect in Hollywood. Yes, Orlando will have a bigger building, but the vehicle size is SHORTER requiring other shorter things. :saywhat: :what: :bang::rant::look:

Orlando is completely different than almost every aspect in Hollywood. Yes, Orlando will have a bigger building, but the vehicle size is SHORTER requiring other shorter things. :saywhat: :what: :bang::rant::look:
I said I'm a terrible Nancy Drew.

You said it was much shorter than 2 trams long. Trying to use proportions and relations and grasp at straws.

You challenged to reach a conclusion and I was reaching....

Hey @Teebin, hopes this helps you.
rvn3hzD.jpg

U6XHlpI.jpg

Yes, the screen shouldn't occupy such a large proportion of the attraction as in Hollywood, leaving room for other things, AA scenes, more screen scenes, scare scenes, Kong scene & whatever other surprises await.

Oh, I just checked... and apparently, they allow two trams, 4 cars into Kong 360 and F&F west coast. No wonder the screens are so large.

It's going to be interesting how much this changes F&F Orlando. If they're going to be relatively the same cars as Kong, it means there's a ton of room for added stuff in Orlando considering how big that show building will be

It's going to be interesting how much this changes F&F Orlando. If they're going to be relatively the same cars as Kong, it means there's a ton of room for added stuff in Orlando considering how big that show building will be

It's a wee bit different last I "heard". Orlando's F&F was two vehicles, one driving autonomously, yet tightly behind the other. Each was supposed to be a bit shorter than the one Kong RV. These guys (UC) can't repeat anything exactly the same as done before. (except transformers) :look:

It's a wee bit different last I "heard". Orlando's F&F was two vehicles, one driving autonomously, yet tightly behind the other. Each was supposed to be a bit shorter than the one Kong RV. These guys (UC) can't repeat anything exactly the same as done before. (except transformers) :look:

Interesting

Still, makes the space necessary for the scenes smaller.

Thanks JayP! Geez, is that a sea grape tree? If so, it is beat to hell, like it was dragged on the Fla Tpk from Fort Lauderdale.

I don't know what it is but not sea grape. Have seen it and know the difference. There are several around the area and all have the exposed trunks with all the leaves up top.

I don't know what it is but not sea grape. Have seen it and know the difference. There are several around the area and all have the exposed trunks with all the leaves up top.

I have seen them many times as well. They are handsome in their element. The leaves are destroyed on that thing they have planted. That said, I will get to the bottom of it one way or five anothers. I will report back as I know you are all on pins and needles. HA!

I have seen them many times as well. They are handsome in their element. The leaves are destroyed on that thing they have planted. That said, I will get to the bottom of it one way or five anothers. I will report back as I know you are all on pins and needles. HA!

Better than talking about themed bathrooms ;) When I get back up there I will see if I can find some of the leaves and get a pic. Maybe Tuesday.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
I probably won't be able to sleep tonight in anticipation of the sea grape or not sea grape news. Heck this is as exciting as Hamlet.:lol:

Reactions: JoeCamel
Guys, the shorter RV means the 360 scene will be significantly smaller
For anybody who hasn't been on 360, this is definitely a good thing. Because the screens are so long, you'll tend to miss a ton of scenes due to your placement on the tram. If you are in the first row, good luck seeing anything. Smaller screen is definitely for the better

And remember (I completely forgot that some of you guys might not know this), there will be only one RV at a time in the 360 show.

That is what I'm hoping for. Per my guess at the layout previously posted. I'm hoping we have 2-3 screen rooms broken up by practical effects and scenery, dense forrest/caves etc. It would also make for better qty of vehicles thru the ride at once.

Reactions: Ryno27