Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 120 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, I checked on the planned opening date. Believe or not, the plan was, and still is, softs in early May, and no one has been told differently at this time.

Now, don't make reservations based on this at all. While it might be completely ready to go at that time... Universal may decide to move it by weeks. There is also a chance major problems might arise and it won't be ready to go at all.

-TrickyBusiness ;)

Last edited:
Well, I checked on the planned opening date. Believe or not, the plan was, and still is, softs in early May, and no one has been told differently at this time.

Now, don't make reservations based on this at all. While it might completely ready to go at that time... Universal may decide to move it by weeks. There is also a chance major problems might arise and it won't be ready to go.

-TrickyBusiness ;)
I already made the reservations last month. I'm a Gamblin Man...Heh, sounds like a good song title. :)

Reactions: Mike S and JoeCamel
Oh, so you never planned on doing Kong anyway. Good.
We'll be back at the end of Sept., so we'll get Kong then for sure. I'm just getting back into my twice a year cycle for Orlando. Last year's only one trip down was way too far between trips. Spring & Fall is good since the weather is decent and the crowds are only moderate, and the resorts are a better price.

THE MAP IN THE VIDEO :drool:

i like this new campaign. it's professional. didn't someone roast the fact that Universal is tied with a leading media group? and this is all for just one new attraction. i'm getting all these giddy Expedition Everest vibes and we're still a few months out.

also the fact that it's all being led by a woman and her associate is a woman in STEM is very nice.

Team members will begin training for the attraction starting late next week. No word on when they will be allowed inside the attraction building.
That jives with what a post, which was erased for confidentiality concerns, said a few weeks ago. Thanks for the update. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Mike S