Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 126 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is there some reason they have the trees roped up still?

Yes. It is because they are still doing work near its base. Spray painting the Kong sign, pouring concrete walkways etc. Those branches will hang way out once released and would be a nuisance to workers who must stand and do their jobs. Too, it is winter and Florida still has another few weeks of frost threat and the plant is already compromised by transplanting. Tying it up makes it easier to cover and protect.

A little more fun with this before all is said and done. I thought of another plant that should be spotted along the ride path away from the other landscape. It is called a ZOMBIE Palm Zombia antillarum.

9068.jpg
182072bff4a5a647b678c50bae02f213.jpg

I almost purchased one in Florida and then decided it wasn't the mood (go figure) I was looking for.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Andy
For any of the newer folks here, I am reposting this photoshoped concept art I created months ago. It will give you a closer idea of the size of the ride vehicles. They are much longer than in the concept art.

truckstretch_zpspgn23ra7.jpg

So roughly the size of the Great Movie Ride RV's??

Man this might have a zero wait day one!!! Universal is destroying it on the capacity and guest satisfaction from it. I can't be more happy
Not really... if it dispatches every 2 mins like teebs said previously that would put hourly at around 2100 which is around gringotts but this will have a lower height requirement. I don't ever seeing the line get huge but it should have respectable waits, especially being the only dry ride of note in that section of the park.