Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 124 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

BTW, I sent your video to someone working on the project. They were really excited to see it. They had no idea that testing was happening today.

I maintain that people working on these mega projects are just as excited to see the details as we are . The designers of Diagon were gaga to see the finished result and animated windows and other details. Hundreds and hundreds of talents work on these projects with little idea of the final outcome.

Working on the doors today. They cycled both the inside and the big ones for an hour or so making adjustments and being sure they operated properly.

The sign has the blue bonding agent so not long till they paint it and finish what ever they are going to do with the letters. I doubt it will all be black.

When I left about noon they had a concrete flatbed pumper in the ride path on top of a plastic tarp to catch any spills, they hadn't set it up yet so I don't know where they were pumping but it probably was the extended queue path towards Dudley.

Speaking of Dudley and Toon Lagoon you cannot see any of Kong until you cross the bridge and from Kong you cannot see any of TL. Great job of screening, I hope they do the JP side as well.

So we get to the big news you all are waiting for - pictures of the "tree"! I looked through both parks and could not find any others than the two on the Kong plot. Maybe there are some at the hotels but nothing in the parks.

I'm just going to do DB links, trying to size these to fit here is a royal pain.

Dropbox - 2016-02-16 09.29.19.jpg

Dropbox - 2016-02-16 09.31.45.jpg

Dropbox - 2016-02-16 09.31.55.jpg

Dropbox - 2016-02-16 09.31.09.jpg

Dropbox - 2016-02-16 09.30.58.jpg

Dropbox - 2016-02-16 17.05.50.mp4

Yeah, I'm not sure how to size photos down to the size limit here. You can post the IMG links from a photo sharing site, I happen to use photobucket but I am sure there are others

Reactions: JoeCamel
BTW, I sent your video to someone working on the project. They were really excited to see it. They had no idea that testing was happening today.

I maintain that people working on these mega projects are just as excited to see the details as we are . The designers of Diagon were gaga to see the finished result and animated windows and other details. Hundreds and hundreds of talents work on these projects with little idea of the final outcome.

It was interesting to listen to others up in the perch, they all said WOW, amazing etc and watched the doors but none looked past to see the skeleton just inside!

Reactions: Mad Dog and Mike S
Holy crap that looks impressive. I know the video doesn't show the enormous doors very well but everyone who has seen this project in real life knows is huge!
Is this a theme park world record or are there rides that have bigger automated doors?

Holy crap that looks impressive. I know the video doesn't show the enormous doors very well but everyone who has seen this project in real life knows is huge!
Is this a theme park world record or are there rides that have bigger automated doors?

I should have put more effort into the door vid I guess. They actually cycled much faster most of the time. They held the doors open in that clip. I guess they were checking the emergency stop as they partially opened and closed them a few times just before that was taken

Reactions: Ryno27
Yeah, I'm not sure how to size photos down to the size limit here. You can post the IMG links from a photo sharing site, I happen to use photobucket but I am sure there are others

I use Flikr but I'm sure others work as well. Flikr lets me link to a resized image yet let people click through to see the full resolution image if something looks interesting enough to see the finer details.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
The doors active is definitely a big milestone for any of the designers on this project.

I hope the last marketing video has this.....

anigif_optimized-16002-1433991004-1.gif

With a 2 minute estimated screen time it will be interesting to see their vehicle distribution plan, I cant see more than 2 active vehicles at once in the building.

I wonder if there will be ride stop scenes within the show building..

I should have put more effort into the door vid I guess. They actually cycled much faster most of the time. They held the doors open in that clip. I guess they were checking the emergency stop as they partially opened and closed them a few times just before that was taken

Video was fine buddy, showed what was needed to be seen and got the boards chatting, nice work :thumbsup:

Also neat that Teebin forwarded it on to someone working on the project, that's pretty cool too.

But with each photo, video and update posted I get a little more pissed, pissed because I am flying in May 1st for two weeks and I so wish I had booked just that little bit later :bang::violin:.

Great though to see it all start coming together, thanks to all who contribute, being able to keep up to date from a cold, wet wintery England is always a bonus.

Do you think the 360 screen portion of the ride will all take place at night?

Thinking about the practical effects rumored to be used in this ride. I would think the answer to this has to be yes to keep the illusion.

Kong 360 in Hollywood was able to do a day scene because the entire experience was projection. We have a mix here in Florida.

What would be really impressive is if they could set up a lighting scheme/video reel to match the time of day. Crazy set lighting challenge, but possible with a covered ride vehicle.

Would be a huge benchmark in ride scene variety.

Following on Alex's lead yesterday, I grabbed this Feb 5, photo of this project. Where the queue paths were once clear, they now disappear underneath the landscaping. I cut off the back of the building as there is nothing to see there. Be sure to click for full size image.

nearmap_feb5_zps0tjfejxg.jpg

Teebs, how do you explain the layout of the queue? I see traces but will the majority of it be indoor? It seems that it would be primarily located inside the building with the white roof. It doesn't seem like a very large queue

Teebs, how do you explain the layout of the queue? I see traces but will the majority of it be indoor? It seems that it would be primarily located inside the building with the white roof. It doesn't seem like a very large queue

The building you're looking at and the front part of the main building are the indoor queue.

This is what I see happening. The path for an exit is definitely taking shape. Most of that front building is all going to be queue. If there's one thing UC is not holding back on lately its been the in depth queue of their attractions.
kONG QUEUE.jpg