Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 123 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is it weird that... I had a dream that I rode this last night? :look: I don't remember much from the dream, although I remember for some reason it had a splashdown ending like JPRA. Wow, maybe I shouldn't go on these sites right before I go to bed...

Thanks for that. It's always nice to know I am not the only one who has incongruous disjointed dreams that seem to contain little sense.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Thanks for that. It's always nice to know I am not the only one who has incongruous disjointed dreams that seem to contain little sense.

I too had a dream about this ride. A couple times actually. The most recent being the ride was basically a clone of the Pteranodon Flyers and you're flying above some poor looking animatronics. Weird dream to say the least.

Too stay on topic I'm really looking forward to the Kong animatronic the most. I'm hoping we're blown away by it and it's something like we haven't seen before

Is mythexplorer.com going to be updated more often? I remember Syd Vinyl for Rip Ride Rockit and the "fake blogger" for Transformers, but don't know how this stacks up to those.

Reactions: Ryno27
Is mythexplorer.com going to be updated more often? I remember Syd Vinyl for Rip Ride Rockit and the "fake blogger" for Transformers, but don't know how this stacks up to those.
I really hope it isn't anything like those, I'm sure it'll be updated again probably one month before softs. Probably around April or maybe March just so we don't have 2 months to forget it

The duration from the sounds of it will be comparable to Jurassic Park River Adventure. Didn't early marketing tout a bit about it being the longest attraction ever designed for the resort?

Reactions: Ryno27
The duration from the sounds of it will be comparable to Jurassic Park River Adventure. Didn't early marketing tout a bit about it being the longest attraction ever designed for the resort?
Actually longer than JP. Seth clocks JP at 5 minutes in his book. The longest attraction in the parks comment was made by one of the Comcast/Universal Execs when he was giving interviews about the attraction when it was first announced.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
This is very exciting!
Yes, the length of the ride is a definite plus. If my memory serves me correct, Teebin hinted at the 360 degree scene as about 2 minutes in length, which would leave a normal ride's time(4 min. or so) for the rest of the ride. That's a lot to experience. Pretty long for a ride with thrill experiences. Usually only attractions like the super slow moving Disney boat ride attractions are longer.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
Working on the doors today. They cycled both the inside and the big ones for an hour or so making adjustments and being sure they operated properly.

Dropbox - 2016-02-16 17.05.50.mp4

The sign has the blue bonding agent so not long till they paint it and finish what ever they are going to do with the letters. I doubt it will all be black.

When I left about noon they had a concrete flatbed pumper in the ride path on top of a plastic tarp to catch any spills, they hadn't set it up yet so I don't know where they were pumping but it probably was the extended queue path towards Dudley.

Speaking of Dudley and Toon Lagoon you cannot see any of Kong until you cross the bridge and from Kong you cannot see any of TL. Great job of screening, I hope they do the JP side as well.

So we get to the big news you all are waiting for - pictures of the "tree"! I looked through both parks and could not find any others than the two on the Kong plot. Maybe there are some at the hotels but nothing in the parks.

I'm just going to do DB links, trying to size these to fit here is a royal pain.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: