Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 125 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There is an outdoor area for the queue as well I think. The upper right corner of the photo is a winding patch with a stone pillar (mushroom top) and drinking fountains. I suspect this will get heave use once the ride opens.

I spent a lot of time out back of Gringoots but I don't think they have used that queue for a long time. No need. Just like this one - highly themed and ready to be used but I have never seen it open.

2016-02-16 09.24.47 (2).jpg

This is what I see happening.

Most of the left red area is queue as well. The exit is a narrow hallway. I believe it is possible that the exit will also be used as incoming for single riders. No guarantee on this however.

I would arrive early before rain and before the outdoor queue is used as it seems like a bit of a spoiler to me. Pass it around. ;)

There is an outdoor area for the queue as well I think. The upper right corner of the photo is a winding patch with a stone pillar (mushroom top) and drinking fountains. I suspect this will get heave use once the ride opens.

I spent a lot of time out back of Gringoots but I don't think they have used that queue for a long time. No need. Just like this one - highly themed and ready to be used but I have never seen it open.

View attachment 1524

I think the Gringott's queue is 2.5 miles long if I remember correctly. That must be some kind of a record?

Reactions: JoeCamel and Ryno27
Just yappin, but it was ironic that the tree turned out to a species of fig, because a couple of days before I found out, I thought of this strangler fig growing around a tall palm tree in JP, and how it would be better used near the Kong entrance. I find it creepy...

PICT0234_zpsqfpappj2.jpg

(and yes, pathetic as it may be, I know the location of almost every specimen tree in JP and many in AK. I took this photo in 2004.)

Last edited:
Just yappin, but it was ironic that the tree turned out to a species of fig, because a couple of days before I found out, I thought of this strangler fig growing around a tall palm tree in JP, and how it would be better used near the Kong entrance. I find it creepy...

PICT0234_zpsqfpappj2.jpg

(and yes, pathetic as it may be, I know the location of almost every specimen tree in JP and many in AK. I took this photo in 2004.)

EIHOhoq.jpg

Is this the same type of tree? I seen it in Honolulu and I was fascinated by it. A beautiful looking tree in such a built up area.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
Is this the same type of tree? I seen it in Honolulu and I was fascinated by it. A beautiful looking tree in such a built up area.

I don't believe so. That is called a Pillar Root or Indian Banyan. (I had to look it up) Cool thing is that it is a kind of ficus tree just like the fiddleleaf or strangler fig. I think it is the Banyan's that do funky aerial things with their roots.

I don't believe so. That is called a Pillar Root or Indian Banyan. (I had to look it up) Cool thing is that it is a kind of ficus tree just like the fiddleleaf or strangler fig. I think it is the Banyan's that do funky aerial things with their roots.

Your knowledge of trees is astounding. The tree was so loud it was unbelievable, like a mini rain Forrest up the top.

You're spot on too.
Banyan tree in Kapiolani Park in Honolulu, Hawaii

Reactions: Ryno27
Just like this one - highly themed and ready to be used but I have never seen it open.
View attachment 1524
I remember waiting in that outdoor area nearly every time I rode Spiderman back in 1999-2001. That was back when the main queue still went through the darkroom and used the entire first room (pre Express queue redesign). Uh oh, I'm starting to sound old when I talk like that! :(

I don't know where you got this information, but it is false. Team Members will not begin training for Kong until April.
Incorrect, Commissioning Team Members begin training/working inside the show building in the next 1-2 weeks. Opening Team Members start in ~2 months

View attachment 1524
Gringotts uses the extended queue in the back nearly every day. Any wait time over 15-30mins and the line goes back there. And with Mardi Gras weekends, the queue gets quite full.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JoeCamel and Ryno27
What does "Commissioning" Team Members mean? This is the first time that I have heard the term.
Commissioning Team Members are basically Team Members who help cycle the ride before it opens. There have actually been Attraction Attendants in the building for at least the past month or so. Mostly they just sit around, especially if there is no testing for that day, but as they get closer to opening they actually help the ride techs and operations managers watch the ride as it cycles looking for any sort of problems. They basically act like an extra set of eyes inside the building. Then when the opening draws near, the commissioning team members assist in training the opening team. Sorry if that explanation is a little confusing its hard to explain their job because a lot of what they do is just sit around and watch paint dry, unless the ride is actually being tested. Also, all commissioning team members are bound by a NDA

In my line of work, Process Safety, these are the folks who look over the installation prior to putting it in service which is basically what kearns96 is saying. They make sure that everything is in proper order and are involved in training the operating team who will be working on the unit post startup.

In my line of work, Process Safety, these are the folks who look over the installation prior to putting it in service which is basically what kearns96 is saying. They make sure that everything is in proper order and are involved in training the operating team who will be working on the unit post startup.
Exactly, any sort of late night/early morning testing is done by these team members. They are just regular attraction attendant employees who applied to go commission at kong. Interviews were held 3-4 months ago.

Reactions: Ryno27

Exactly, any sort of late night/early morning testing is done by these team members. They are just regular attraction attendant employees who applied to go commission at kong. Interviews were held 3-4 months ago.

Aaaah... that makes perfect sense to me now although I had no idea of it before.