Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 232 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Speaking of express, any indication as to whether Express Pass users will bypass the theming of the main queue and will go directly to the loading area as in other attractions or if they'll stay alongside the standby line for the duration of queue? Or do we not have any kind of indication as to the answer of this yet and it's one of those "we'll have to wait and see" situations?

It will bypass some of the queue but I can't tell how much.

Reactions: RMichael21
You think we'll see a tiered system where Portofino/Hard Rock have unlimited and then Royal Pacific and Sapphire Falls going to single use per day?

Unless they've changed the contract with Loews, no. 3 Loews hotels are guaranteed unlimited express. But with the second resort coming in the future, I'm sure there have been discussions to change that.

Heh Guys. I'm posting this here because it's probably our most read thread. Our good friend, Teebin, has recently experienced some serious health issues. That's why he only posted a couple of times over the weekend, and no posts since then. Monday, his brother drove him to the hospital for testing. I haven't been able to reach him since then. His words to me on this issue were, "In case I vanish here, you can tell everyone I am probably in the hospital". We're like family here on OU, and I'm sure we all wish a quick recovery for our good friend Teebin.

Keep us update. Hope everything goes okay.

Best wishes to Teebin.

Checked out the site today and shockingly, yet again I came during a time when they were not testing vehicles. I come at least twice a week and still have not witnessed testing with my own eyes.

In other news they wrapped the pole I've complained about on several occasions with bambooView attachment 1773

So curious why that was outstanding for so long. Tough to tell from the picture if this has 'original or band-aid' design intent behind it??

Heading to the parks on April 17th. Was hoping for maybe a lucky soft opening but looks like I'm just going to miss it :(

Good to hear some news from the expo!

When I was there yesterday I saw one vehicle test, around 11:30AM. I waited a little while and didn't see any more... So they may be spaced out quite a bit and that's why it seems like it's not every day. You gotta get lucky... Or spend all day in the Camp Jurassic tower with a lawn chair. I'm uploading some video from yesterday to youtube, but it'll take awhile.

When I was there yesterday I saw one vehicle test, around 11:30AM. I waited a little while and didn't see any more... So they may be spaced out quite a bit and that's why it seems like it's not every day. You gotta get lucky... Or spend all day in the Camp Jurassic tower with a lawn chair. I'm uploading some video from yesterday to youtube, but it'll take awhile.
Did you see it without the tarp?

Don't expect this to operate anymore than half capacity on opening day.

Opening or softs? Because opening is going to be over a month after softs and I don't see that they won't have this at full capacity come opening day. They may not have it at full first day of softs, but that is pretty normal.

Also, keep in mind there is a by-pass inside that they could be using for the majority of park opening and only do outside runs at night. They may do some here and there to test stuff, but they can be cycling a lot more and us not know it by just looking at the vehicles coming out during the day.

Edited - Removed the Teebin stuff, not sure why that showed up there as I had posted in the other thread lol

Last edited:
I really hope everything is OK with Teebin. He is a really good guy and I have read his posts for many years.

Opening or softs? Because opening is going to be over a month after softs and I don't see that they won't have this at full capacity come opening day. They may not have it at full first day of softs, but that is pretty normal.

Also, keep in mind there is a by-pass inside that they could be using for the majority of park opening and only do outside runs at night. They may do some here and there to test stuff, but they can be cycling a lot more and us not know it by just looking at the vehicles coming out during the day.
All good points.

I meant opening when I said it. There's a reason people aren't seeing constant testing cycles yet.
I doubt Universal would have a grand opening for a ride and have it run "lower than half capacity". I think they would delay if it couldn't run at full capacity.

Reactions: IzzyB
This isn't just me speculating.

Take it or leave it... Up to you.

Not to say anything, but while teebs has hinted there is some issues, I don't even think Uni would have a clue if almost 3 months is enough time to iron them out. So any insider saying for sure they won't have more than half the vehicles running doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. You just can't predict that far out, especially since there is also strong rumors softs will start sooner rather than later.

They did it for Gringotts.
I figured somebody would say that. Gringotts had pretty bad delays and they had to open it eventually. Reign of Kong has had minor setbacks that aren't as bad as the issues Gringotts faced.
This isn't just me speculating.

Take it or leave it... Up to you.
I'm gonna have to wait and see if someone with a good track record confirms this before I believe it. Thanks though. :)