Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 405 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to announce an opening date. Universal is advertising the crap out if this. Seems unfair and wrong to do considering that summer starts in 17 days. Next week we'll see a surprise, but me want now!

That advertising is exactly my point about this attraction. I get that there are problems, but the advertising blitz with kong is messed up if they really are not sure when they are going to get it working.
It's wrong to promote something, and fall back on the claim that summer really means till early September. They know that is not what people think when you say summer.

That advertising is exactly my point about this attraction. I get that there are problems, but the advertising blitz with kong is messed up if they really are not sure when they are going to get it working.
It's wrong to promote something, and fall back on the claim that summer really means till early September. They know that is not what people think when you say summer.
Or they do know when it will actually open.

Reactions: Ryno27
I don't think it would be unfair and wrong. The ride is slated to open in summer 2016, which is a three-month period. The park is only expected to get it open in that timeframe. Anyone who comes to the park in late June and is upset the ride isn't open yet did not do their research, plain and simple.

I think that the ride will get a grand opening date in a few weeks though.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter that you think people should do their research before understanding what Universal means by summer. What is going to matter is all the people who will remember Universal not getting this ride open despite the ads all touting the ride THIS SUMMER.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Dear Journal,

Its been 388 days since the walls have been up. Everyday I ponder on twitter waiting and wondering will the island be open, will I be able to face the beast. I raise in the morning with hope but then I crash with sadness. I need to face my fears. I need to face the beast.

Actually, I have a question. I know we got smell, sight, sound down for sensory effects but will there be any physical sensory effects like Kong spit when you get face to face with him etc?

Ok, prancing on my tiptoes here... but the setup is much bigger than you will be able to see. It wasn't clear what the rest of the space would be used for... perhaps costumes/makeup? Anyway, there is a small hotel room behind them and designers gave up quite a bit of queue space to make it happen. So yeah, the swap outs will be seamless. What is the swap out time for entertainment? It's quite standard I believe.

(I hope you are all getting a better idea of the stuff I have been holding close to my chest for the past year... and I ain't finished ;))
I imagine the swap will be similar to HHN, and a "good" swap for them is missing no more than a single scare.

Reactions: Ryno27
Dear Journal,

Its been 388 days since the walls have been up. Everyday I ponder on twitter waiting and wondering will the island be open, will I be able to face the beast. I raise in the morning with hope but then I crash with sadness. I need to face my fears. I need to face the beast.

Actually, I have a question. I know we got smell, sight, sound down for sensory effects but will there be any physical sensory effects like Kong spit when you get face to face with him etc?
This sounds like a spoiler thread question.

Nobody is saying that's going to happen. No one.

Summer is generally regarded as June, July and August by marketing. They had a season set that they're aiming for. Kong will be open in summer 2016. That doesn't mean June 21st, it means summer 2016.

If they delay it to September or even August I can imagine Universal putting out a statement as such. But if it opens in July... like, dude that's summer. The Walking Dead Attraction at USH was announced for summer 2016. It's opening July 4th, I don't see anybody fussy about that. Diagon Alley was supposed to open in summer 2016. It opened July 8th. People were a little agitated, but mostly about soft openings, and not the general public. In fact: the first DA summer was actually hurt by the late announcement of opening since most people could not book their vacation packages in advance. People did their research there, and they'll do their research here.

Also it's June 3rd so this is kind of silly.

Summer is generally regarded as June, July and August by marketing. They had a season set that they're aiming for. Kong will be open in summer 2016. That doesn't mean June 21st, it means summer 2016.

If they delay it to September or even August I can imagine Universal putting out a statement as such. But if it opens in July... like, dude that's summer. The Walking Dead Attraction at USH was announced for summer 2016. It's opening July 4th, I don't see anybody fussy about that. Diagon Alley was supposed to open in summer 2016. It opened July 8th. People were a little agitated, but mostly about soft openings, and not the general public. In fact: the first DA summer was actually hurt by the late announcement of opening since most people could not book their vacation packages in advance. People did their research there, and they'll do their research here.

The comments about how the ride is a mess, and a long way from opening are getting to me.
I plan and research like a Disney nut, and this uncertainty is pinging all of my control issues. I can't make this open, and can't plan around it. I'm getting twitchy, and I have two months before I even leave for Orlando.

The comments about how the ride is a mess, and a long way from opening are getting to me.
I plan and research like a Disney nut, and this uncertainty is pinging all of my control issues. I can't make this open, and can't plan around it. I'm getting twitchy, and I have two months before I even leave for Orlando.

Relax youll be fine, it will be open in 2 months, its way closer to opening than that.

I would be more concerned if Hulk will be open by then.

actually summer for theme parks is late may through late September so as long as it is open by Sept then its on time

I've said it a million times. Why rely so much on wifi and other wireless communication. How did none of the structural designers be like "umm I might have a few steel beams that are going scramble the hell out of your connection" haha

The payoff for true trackless is so minimal
This is exactly what is screwing with RoL at DAK right now too. The amount of concrete in the area from the amphitheater is causing the positioning system to not want to reliably work for them.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Scott W.
This is exactly what is screwing with RoL at DAK right now too. The amount of concrete in the area from the amphitheater is causing the positioning system to not want to reliably work for them.
It's not like either company didn't know this could be an issue.

If I walk through London, all the tall buildings completely mess with my location on google maps, my phone has no idea where I am. If I walk through my home town where the buildings are much smaller there is rarely an issue.

Concrete and metal have been messing with radio waves across all spectrums for decades!

Status
Not open for further replies.