So when will the Kid Zone closures begin? | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

So when will the Kid Zone closures begin?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Back during Hogsmeade construction they had everything from buyers reps to engineering plans archives :cool: in there.

Not that it's terribly important, but do you mean Diagon construction? That trailer complex wasn't installed until late 2011, after the old Hard Rock building was demolished, well over a year after Hogsemede opened...

I’m actually a bit bummed they’re moving forward with spreading out Nintendo in each park instead of giving it its own park.

IMO Nintendo properties don’t fit in USF. They would work fine in IOA, but it’s the final nail in the whole “Ride the Movies” aesthetic of USF. Sure you can argue USF has Simpsons, Jimmy Fallon, Barney, Etc., but television shows and behind the scenes production experiences/museums were always a part of USF - Nickelodeon, Murder She Wrote, Lucy.

Honestly wish they would update Kids Zone to be all Bikini Bottoms and Spongebob. That franchise will never die.

I hate to say it, but Universal Studios Florida already ditched it in favor of adding whatever's popular. Apparently, Disney is doing the same thing as well. Kidzone will never be popular among the GP, no matter how much they want to update it, since most of Kidzone characters are either forgettable or not appealing enough to warrant an actual ride.

Reactions: Andysol
I hate to say it, but Universal Studios Florida already ditched it in favor of adding whatever's popular. Apparently, Disney is doing the same thing as well. Kidzone will never be popular among the GP, no matter how much they want to update it, since most of Kidzone characters are either forgettable or not appealing enough to warrant an actual ride.
They should replace kidzone with Star Trek or Spongebob! :D

What is that tiny white building that you had to nudge around Alicia? May not that be removed for construction?

Oh, those are the modular offices they erected back during hogsmeade construction. Those will have to go... build an office down on the new land.
Those are the entertainment rehearsal studios and entertainment offices for the parade. They could be moved easily though. I'm wondering if they've already built them into the new parade buildings.

Those are the entertainment rehearsal studios and entertainment offices for the parade. They could be moved easily though. I'm wondering if they've already built them into the new parade buildings.

If you have seen the most recent aerial pictures taken, there is a wing on the newest building that appears to be offices in that it has windows. So perhaps that is the new solution.

Reactions: darkridelover
Here's some more stuff on KidZone. It doesn't give a date but confirms the plans will demolish it.
DPkhuMgWsAAdEZh.jpg

Attachments

• kidZone.JPG
    kidZone.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 3
Just a wee little fact... many of the detention ponds in CF have overflow prevention drains that are just shy of the top of the ponds graded height. These are intended for the 10-100 year rain events and in these situations the questionable overflow is directed into the creeks. No one likes for it to happen, but it is necessary to prevent massive flooding of infrastructure.