So when will the Kid Zone closures begin? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

So when will the Kid Zone closures begin?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yea, no new news yet. Still awaiting some movement.

We could see something in a few days... Or a few months. At this point, I believe anything is possible.

Reactions: tankart150
For what it's worth, the info for signing up to be balloon handlers for the Macy's parade this year says "Registration opens two hours before parade time in Woody Woodpecker’s KidZone". Which implies KidZone will make it through Christmas. (That could change though)

Doesn't Curious George get some light holiday decorations (could've imagined that)? If anything in KidZone gets some holiday decorations, I would think KidZone will survive until the beginning of the year.

Doesn't Curious George get some light holiday decorations (could've imagined that)? If anything in KidZone gets some holiday decorations, I would think KidZone will survive until the beginning of the year.
A Macy’s SpongeBob balloon and decor goes up on the little stage between Fievel and ET. And some minor garland around Barney’s entrance and light posts at most.

I'll just leave this here for posterity.

:rolleyes:

I’ve had enough with your crazy obsession with me. Consider yourself blocked

TMs I’ve spoken too expect it soon as well as I’ve been saying. It’s where I’ve been getting it. Plans could change and TMs aren’t always 100% in the know, but that’s the mood around there.

Yea, we’re not pulling this stuff out of thin air. Not to mention they didn’t reconfigure all the HHN queues for their health. They already expected this to be starting.

TMs I’ve spoken too expect it soon as well as I’ve been saying. It’s where I’ve been getting it. Plans could change and TMs aren’t always 100% in the know, but that’s the mood around there.

Thanks Alicia. "Expectations" and "being informed" are certainly two different variables. If I'm working at Curious George, I'm certainly wondering what my immediate future holds.

As for plans changing, I'd think that's given. Hopefully the Mediation with Stan this week allows UOR Execs to finally lock down and get a finalized plan. I can't imagine the stress and workload and decisions they are facing right now. It's unprecedented.

To be honest, that has been the mood for over a year. Many knew that it was only time before they were forced out and their homes burnt to the ground.

Or is that Game of Thrones...

:saywhat:

January 7th, 2018 is my guess for closure, it may have been planned to be earlier, but things changed. (This is just an educated guess)

Why do you think the 7th? Get past the Christmas rush and have F&F up and running?
Would make sense. Nothing else is coming online at USF until when, 2019- and even MoM is a timeline guess at this point. Maybe late 2018 for T2 if they get a move on it?

Really no way to fix USF's shortcomings without just ripping off the band-aid.
Of course, if what @Disneyhead mentioned- they drop MiB and do Pokemon in the interim- then that could potentially keep Kidzone open. Maybe "Mushroom Kingdom" Nintendo doesn't even start work until 2019.

I hope not, but it's hard to see them dropping MiB and Kidzone simultaneously.. So it's gotta be one or the other unless they take the DHS approach...

Last edited:
Why do you think the 7th? Get past the Christmas rush and have F&F up and running?
Would make sense. Nothing else is coming online at USF until when, 2019- and even MoM is a timeline guess at this point. Maybe late 2018 for T2 if they get a move on it?

Really no way to fix USF's shortcomings without just ripping off the band-aid.
Of course, if what @Disneyhead mentioned- they drop MiB and do Pokemon in the interim- then that could potentially keep Kidzone open. Maybe "Mushroom Kingdom" Nintendo doesn't even start work until 2019.

I hope not, but it's hard to see them dropping MiB and Kidzone simultaneously.. So it's gotta be one or the other unless they take the DHS approach...
I could see the 7th if it was Potter related but it's not. I could see the FF Live closer announcement come then for MoM.

I could see the 7th if it was Potter related but it's not. I could see the FF Live closer announcement come then for MoM.

I thought it was said that FFL is in a sense, Already closed.

I would think, with Pokemon being later, that they will be fine to close Kidzone by January, and then close MiB by 2020 as the building for MiB is huge. They don't need to demolish it Imo.

I would think, with Pokemon being later, that they will be fine to close Kidzone by January, and then close MiB by 2020 as the building for MiB is huge. They don't need to demolish it Imo.

In a sense, yes. But we really won't know until they don't open it after HHN.

Yea, Disneyhead said the ".5" of the "Nintendo 1.5" would open a year later, so no way will MiB close before KidZone