Special Effects Stage | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Special Effects Stage

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Crazy at special Effects yesterday. People showing up 20/30 minutes before the show were turned away because the theater was already full. Only 4 shows on such a busy day. I spoke to an employee who told me that starting Monday (5th) they're closing the walkway in front of Louie's and we'll all be walking though that overhang behind it. That takes away the que for Special Effects. I wonder if the show will be closing? 

You kind of answered your own question there. They'd be out of their minds to shutter the castle theater at this point in time. SES is going nowhere.

If anything, it might close for refurbishment to use the path to the fullest effect without dumping people into the streets. If it's going to take as long as the repaving in front of Production Central, we're in for a long and annoying month and a half.

It won't be worth it. It's going to be slow season starting Monday and we'll only get two hiccups of crowds for MLK and President's Day (the latter I'm assuming will be their goal to finish and take down the walls). SES won't be needed for the short period it would be theoretically closed.

Look what other crowd eater got a Gate A sign.

SES_061315_1.jpg

Reactions: William
Isn't that where the Jabbawockeez are performing though? Or is it just the day time show that will be closing on the 18th? 

Good its about time.if they keep it the venue for a show then its best if they out something new and that doesn't completly suck. Up next.....animal actors *fingers crossed*

Ugh... did you guys read the article? It stated that it will still more or less be "Special Effects Stage", just with reimagined with "stunt elements" incorporated into the new show. Honestly, as much as I love "magic of the movies", this show just needs to be put out of its misery. Adding stunts won't make it any better.

If Orlando is going to lose "Beetlejuice" later this year after 23 years later (expected, but unconfirmed rumor), I say kick out this crap and bring back Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue to the Castle Theatre! I don't want to see the original production back, but an updated version (even if it is the current one in Orlando just reworked a bit) would be great (Singapore's former "Monster Rock" please!?). Yes any excuse for the classic monsters to be put to use I'm all for. :D  /wishful thinking

In regards to the Jabbawockeez, I'm curious to know if their show will require SES to be "closed" during the event due to whatever their stage set will be. As I haven't been here when B&T was present for HHN, did they still have SES during the daytime despite B&T's set being on stage? I know the big video scrim can block all of that, but still..

Reactions: Chris
Yeah, they always did SES during B&T. I'm thinking they aren't closing SES because of Jabba because it closes almost a month after they start HHN. Maybe get the new show up before Christmas?

Reactions: Wesker69
I wonder if they'll simply add a section of action stunts like jumping out a window, and other similar stunts.

I'd love for them to incorporate more of the Horror Makeup show from Florida, as well as the audience interaction bit from Disaster's queue. I hope they show more physical and practical effects as well, it's a lot of looking at screens right now.

It just hasn't been the same since it moved to the upper lot. Part of it is because the intimate setting of the old SES Stages worked so well. There's too many screens, it's too scripted, not enough practical effects, and not enough audience participation. That audience participation is what added to a lot of the comedy. As well as more genuine improv. Let the hosts have fun!

Also, they NEED to change that ending. The show needs to be repeatable for returning guests as well. That bit with the guest in the astronaut suit ending up being the assistant that's been butting in got old after the 1st time.