Splash Mountain Disrepair | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Splash Mountain Disrepair

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Splash should be going down just after holiday rush. Look for an early January through February refurb.

It wasn't the boy who lived that kicked GE/NBC into action, it was the realization that no one was going to buy the parks. after that they realized that it was eithe $#^+ or get of the pot. So Disaster, Simpson's, and increased maintenance came about prior to Potter. Potter just blew the roof off of available capital.

Agreed. Of course there's always going to be technical problems but my early Summer and early holiday visits during those years would have all the attractions looking extra spiffy and almost all effects working. And when they'd be "presenting" for J.K. Rowling and her visits, the parks were looking immaculate too. This dark period is SO overrated on these boards.

Orlando Theme Park News posted a pretty funny pic.....

Taking Brother Bear For a Scenic Ride Around WDW

One of our readers (Lars, who we thank, as always!) sent us this photo of a certain Disney character that we all know... Yes, it's Brer Bear, directly from the entrance of Splash Mountain! He was taking a sightseeing tour of the area surrounding the Walt Disney World Resort (this photo was taken near the Crossroads Shopping Center, located right in front of Hotel Plaza Boulevard):

jKBtfzXJ3YWaX.jpg

According to some news we recently received, he is still not back in front of the attraction's entrance, but he'll be back soon. Oh, and Brother Bear wishes to all of our readers a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah evening!

A big thank you once again to Lars for providing us this nice photo!​

Last edited:
I've been hearing and reading lately that Splash is in even worse condition. I've read that pieces of the rock work are falling.

I've been hearing and reading lately that Splash is in even worse condition. I've read that pieces of the rock work are falling.

Falling off and hitting the logs while guests were riding. And their answer? Tarps over the queue.

There are pictures on the net showing the tarps. I won't link to those sites but a Google search should suffice.

Oh, ow, my poor soul...it just died a little. DARNIT DISNEY, TAKE BETTER CARE OF YOUR ATTRACTIONS....ESPECIALLY ONE OF YOUR TOP BILLED ONES!!!!! UNACCEPTABLE I SAY, UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!! :':)mad::saw::bang:

I heard some speculation over at WDW Magic that this is the same sort of thing that happened to 10,000 Leagues before it closed...I couldn't see them taking away Splash..but the characters aren't exactly marketable anymore

Splash Mountain closed 1/2/2013- 3/19/2013 according to the DIS so hope alot of love then