Springfield Expansion | Page 108 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I never said it was a failure, I did notice the windows in HTF pics were a different shade of purple (granted, the paint is fresh, so it could dry brighter.) I wonder if they were testing a more subdued version on the windows.

I never said it was a failure, I did notice the windows in HTF pics were a different shade of purple (granted, the paint is fresh, so it could dry brighter.) I wonder if they were testing a more subdued version on the windows.

The way buildings in parks are painted they are almost always to bright and crisp to start with, and when the finer detail (such as aging) goes on it looks better.

Anti-Christ!!!!

:lol:

Its shades of TF all over again.

That queue overhang sure is interesting. Im trying to see what kind of theme they're going for. Obviously spacey but I guess we will wait and see.

It reminds me of the sides of a UFO.

Last edited:
All the storefronts and textures look amazing.
Just one quick question on something which I may have missed.
Once they are done with the food service location, are they planning to make a more realistic (square) Quik-E-Mart?
I think it takes away from the overall look if that one building is not made show accurate.

All the storefronts and textures look amazing.
Just one quick question on something which I may have missed.
Once they are done with the food service location, are they planning to make a more realistic (square) Quik-E-Mart?
I think it takes away from the overall look if that one building is not made show accurate.

Doesn't look lie it. If that was their plan they wouldn't be adding 3-D brickwork to the side of the existing structure.

I wouldn't expect it to drastically change, but I'm sure they'll do their best to make it mesh with the rest of the new area. Moe's and Krustyburger look so great that you basically have to trust them at this point.

Creative walked through the area today with hardhats and charts, lots of finger pointing (at the games) and group huddles, but unfortunately I could not see or hear anything being discussed.

No major changes coming to the Kwik E Mart to my knowledge.

Will they ever make some kind of announcement about the Springfield expansion. Universal is kind of silly. Even an idiot can tell what the buildings are now. Whats holding them back.

Will they ever make some kind of announcement about the Springfield expansion. Universal is kind of silly. Even an idiot can tell what the buildings are now. Whats holding them back.

HTF said an announcement should come very soon. I really don't expect the announcement to be the Season 24 finale though, because this is schedueled to open in June.

Update from today
IMG_0762_zps3d850f27.jpg

Looks like the removed the sheeting, is this part of the old IFFC or something redone?