Springfield Expansion | Page 112 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I cant wait untill springfield is up and ready for business. Not to get off track but living in New Jersey, traveling frequently to D.C, living 20 minutes from Philly(Cheesesteaks!) and driving occasionally in NYC, I must say that driving in this area is horrible. I have to be especially careful that these crazy drivers do not try to run my camaro off the road, which has almost happened many times recently.

The question is, were you run off because someone is lost and turns without looking or because the person was going faster than you. If it is the first, that is just tourists and old people :) If it is the second, well it was probably me - lol Nothing annoys me more than a sports car driver who does not go fast enough.

Now back on topic. I think it will bring some much needed better food to Studios. Because it is really needed. My favorite place to get food is gone now with Phase 2 being built and outside of that, I really don't like the counter service food at Uni. I also think it will make that area more used, because right now it is useless space. So glad to see they are putting something in a space that was not used.

Izzy B, definitly the first one, on my way to nyc by way of the nj turnpike and trying to pass someone in the left hand lane, they decide its a good time to change lanes. Back to springfield, i wonder how close to the show the krusty burger menu will stay.

Exec walkthrough of the site this morning. Mr. Davis and entourage got a tour of the work thus far. Bit by bit, we're getting closer.

I'm hoping for a Ribwich myself. "Now without lettuce!"
tumblr_ltntw3wQvB1qzdf0go1_500.gif

Reactions: Felipe
Exec walkthrough of the site this morning. Mr. Davis and entourage got a tour of the work thus far. Bit by bit, we're getting closer.
I'm hoping for a Ribwich myself. "Now without lettuce!"

Ribwich woould be good, it would give us a different offering that studios does not have.

Hopefully they do have the Ribwich, I am also hoping that they will give the food out in novelty style food containers as it will make it more authentic.

In all this Springfield Expansion talk I haven't heard anything about the nuclear power plant...any chance they have it on top of the building that is housing all the restaurants? You know, where they make it look far away, but it's at the back end of the buildings? They could even do that with the Springfield "Hollywood" sign

Forced Perspective. That's a good idea, I think it would be a good addition to the areas theme.
That's it, thx...I was imagining they can make the top of the food court building look hilly, with green turf as grass and anything that isn't ground level that would fit in a real Springfield can be way back in the distance (I.e. NPP, Springfield sign, Springfield elementary, etc

In all this Springfield Expansion talk I haven't heard anything about the nuclear power plant...any chance they have it on top of the building that is housing all the restaurants? You know, where they make it look far away, but it's at the back end of the buildings? They could even do that with the Springfield "Hollywood" sign

I think they should cover up the side of the Simpson's showbuilding with the big hill that says 'Springfield'. I know it won't happen and the Simpson's showbuilding is not the most offensive theme-destroyer in the parks but it would still be a good place to put it, especially since any forced perspective will be ruined with it looming in the distance.

I was thinking of the power plant thing myself. Maybe for future expansion plans??

Once this is complete, were done with the Simpsons.