Springfield Expansion | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No where else in the world have I ever seen 7 lanes of traffic successfully drive 40-50MPH in between one block streets that are actually only 4 lanes wide. Its nuts. Put the people that drive on I4 in that same situation and people wouldn't get to their destination until the next business day.

Nothing like driving up a street like 7th ave and seeing nothing but green lights as far as you can see down the street and seeing how fast and how many blocks you can catch those lights :lol:

As someone new to how construction works, Bob, can you explain why they might have decided to use shade cloth?

I don't see Bob as one of the readers of this thread at the moment so I'm going to take a crack at this one.

My experience has been a combination of hiding the construction (sort of) as well as keeping the debris contained.

I don't see Bob as one of the readers of this thread at the moment so I'm going to take a crack at this one.

My experience has been a combination of hiding the construction (sort of) as well as keeping the debris contained.

You are correct on both counts. :thumbs:

It's a pretty half-hearted effort at hiding construction though.

Moe's looks fantastic. Still blows my mind Universal has not announced anything. Would have been perfect last week with Disney Springs.

Thanks for all the pics, and another great update, HTF! :thumbs:

I love seeing more and more pops of color in this previously grey-and-blue area that was so... drab...

Is that wall, where Androids' facade goes, gonna be getting taller? Otherwise, strange that they're putting the green shade cloth at this particular point... :shrug:

I would expect it to resemble the one at USH:

3877913586_a442a6c766.jpg

I honestly haven't followed the show in a while, so I'm not sure... So I have to look it up online, and the art for Android's varies from purple to green :shrug: Green might be a better contrast, but seeing USH, that would lead me to believe they will probably go purple. Either way, leaps and bounds better theming, way more visually pleasing, than having the IFFF in that spot :thumbs:

That's just my guess. If it's any consolation, this is Moe's at USH. It's very different from what UO is getting.

US-Hollywood-DSC_3427.jpg

Dimensions are different, and this is more cartoon-y, but recreated in a style that is more of realism, it's pretty much what we're getting in terms of color and such :thumbs:

Last edited:
The versions were getting are much more authentic.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for all the pics, and another great update, HTF! :thumbs:

I love seeing more and more pops of color in this previously grey-and-blue area that was so... drab...

Is that wall, where Androids' facade goes, gonna be getting taller? Otherwise, strange that they're putting the green shade cloth at this particular point... :shrug:

Androids will be roughly the same height as the rest, give or take a few inches :thumbs:

If they want to make The Android's Dungeon show accurate, then there will be a Purple and White awning.

Well in that case, consider it accurate :thumbs:

Once that Ferris Wheel goes up, we're going to get such good shots of DA construction!

And y'all come talk to me about driving places. I live in SF... where we make memes about how ridiculous it is to drive here.

tumblr_lz4dneG0Up1qcb2ixo1_500.jpg

Reactions: Felipe
Or even NYC :lol: I actually enjoyed driving NYC, made it feel like I was a stunt driver or race car driver :pound:

Yeah, that was crazy driving in NYC, not something I liked doing. Good thing their public transportation is the best. Pittsburgh has their own rules which makes life challenging if you are not from there. New Jersey, well nothing is right in that state :) I have to say the annoying part to I4 and Orlando in general is people are not aggressive enough. They drive too slow and most of the time have no clue where they are going. But honestly I4 does not bother me, when you are from the North East part of the country, Florida roads are a breeze. I just can't stand how SLOW everyone is :)

I cant wait untill springfield is up and ready for business. Not to get off track but living in New Jersey, traveling frequently to D.C, living 20 minutes from Philly(Cheesesteaks!) and driving occasionally in NYC, I must say that driving in this area is horrible. I have to be especially careful that these crazy drivers do not try to run my camaro off the road, which has almost happened many times recently.