Springfield Expansion | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
About the whole Ferris Wheel thing.
If Uni decided to put do that they wouldn't go for a small one. And honestly I can't see waiting in line for a ferris wheel unless they do something special with it ??

About the whole Ferris Wheel thing.
If Uni decided to put do that they wouldn't go for a small one. And honestly I can't see waiting in line for a ferris wheel unless they do something special with it ??

the irony would be if it's on the side of the building near the sprung tents and swings like mickeys funwheel...

The only place a ferris wheel in the park would make sense is in the London section and as the London Eye

So I just listened to the podcast where Jim Hill talks about the Ferris Wheel...

and he says this entire project won't open until 2015.

So yea...he has no idea what he's talking about.

Last edited:
I'd love for a flat ride - adding to the ride count, especially smaller attractions (which the Uni parks have a striking lack of) is always a great thing. I just wish it wasn't a Ferris Wheel... huge, gaudy, slow-loading, low capacity. Give us a spinner themed to Otto or the Nuclear Power Plant or something. Plenty of ideas to mine that weren't explored in the Simpsons Ride.

Very excited to see the full extent of the work... a Moe's Tavern and/or Krusty Burger would be fantastic.

I'd love for a flat ride - adding to the ride count, especially smaller attractions (which the Uni parks have a striking lack of) is always a great thing. I just wish it wasn't a Ferris Wheel... huge, gaudy, slow-loading, low capacity. Give us a spinner themed to Otto or the Nuclear Power Plant or something. Plenty of ideas to mine that weren't explored in the Simpsons Ride.

Very excited to see the full extent of the work... a Moe's Tavern and/or Krusty Burger would be fantastic.

I feel like flat rides in theme parks ruin the theming aspect of the land. I'd love for a new ride, just not a flat ride.

I feel like flat rides in theme parks ruin the theming aspect of the land. I'd love for a new ride, just not a flat ride.

Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Luigi's Flying Tires, and One Fish, Two Fish and Carouseussel disagree with you.:thumbs:

Yes, if you're going the Stormforce route, it's not going to turn out optimal. But there's nothing wrong with a well done flat ride.

Flat rides serve their purpose and are there for simple reasons, families with kids. There are not a lot of kid-centric rides on the studio side so they need to up the ante when it comes to that, a ferris wheel would fit the bill perfectly if its themed correct to the Krustyland theme...but this also lets us know that Simpsons ride isn't going to go anywhere for a long time.

Flat rides serve their purpose and are there for simple reasons, families with kids. There are not a lot of kid-centric rides on the studio side so they need to up the ante when it comes to that, a ferris wheel would fit the bill perfectly if its themed correct to the Krustyland theme...but this also lets us know that Simpsons ride isn't going to go anywhere for a long time.

I don't think we should be keying on the Ferris Wheel. That's one rumor from a questionable source.

I'd honest to god like to see a Himalaya, a Disco and a full on Simpsons themed arcade. I know there is already an arcade in NY but I think it can support another. I don't think it'll be added due to conflict of interest with games though.

Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Luigi's Flying Tires, and One Fish, Two Fish and Carouseussel disagree with you.:thumbs:

Yes, if you're going the Stormforce route, it's not going to turn out optimal. But there's nothing wrong with a well done flat ride.
Hey, Stormforce is the best "tea cup" attraction i've ever been on. It's a very advanced system and the lighting and effects really add to the feel of the ride.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, honestly Studios is in many aspects becoming more like IOA with each move they make. Creating areas specific to a certain franchise and going full force with it. Currently, you'd have Potter/London, Simpsons/Springfield and Transformers, while not a land, we expect will take over Monsters cafe (right?). So they are really trying to go hard core with certain franchises and maximize their potential.

Let's be clear though - I hate the idea of creating a "carnival" themed area as a justification for adding cheap, poorly "themed" attractions (i.e. Dino-Rama). The Simpsons Ride and its plaza barely (and I do stress barely) get a pass from me due to it being a parody/satire. And unlike Dino-Rama, the ride itself is top class and unlike something you'd ever experience at the state fair. If they start adding ferris wheels or whatever... I take issue. If you're going to do a flat ride, go the Storm Force or One Fish Two Fish route - make it themed, pretty, and not beholden to the carnival motif.

So, to review --> Otto Bus Driver spinner/Nuclear Power Plant spinner = OK! Ferris wheel or cheap carnival ride with Krusty's face slapped on it = Not OK!

Hey, Stormforce is the best "tea cup" attraction i've ever been on. It's a very advanced system and the lighting and effects really add to the feel of the ride.

Yea, it's an advanced tea cup ride, but visually, IMO, it does nothing to stand out.

well, honestly Studios is in many aspects becoming more like IOA with each move they make. Creating areas specific to a certain franchise and going full force with it. Currently, you'd have Potter/London, Simpsons/Springfield and Transformers, while not a land, we expect will take over Monsters cafe (right?). So they are really trying to go hard core with certain franchises and maximize their potential.

I think Monsters is safe, but things can change easily.

My problem with Dino-Rama isn't that it's "cheap", it is that Animal Kingdom has not had a new attraction in 6 years and that would be the easiest place to do it. I honestly understand that people do not like the kitschy carnival notion in theme parks, at that I agree with it to a certain extent, but those midways in legitimate theme parks are also REALLY easy places to add attractions, expand, and theme heavily for cheaply.

Krustyland would be a people eater, you would have Simpsons, plus a flat ride or two, and maybe an expanded midway with themed store and restaurant with meet and greets. This seems to be significantly more than just an overlay. It is shaping up to be an additional themed zone of the park.

I like flat rides when full rides can't fit in that space. All of the current flat rides with the exception of maybe One Fish Two Fish are perfectly tucked in to their spots.

I don't really think One Fish, Two Fish is that good of a flat ride. It's a beautiful spinner themed to fish...that's it. Caroseussel...maybe, but even then I still feel like it ruins a cohesive theme.

They have their place. Thankfully, Simpson's is one of the few places I think a flat could work. (Even though I'm still not a fan :lol:)

If there has to be a flat ride aimed for kids, theming to Itchy and Scratchy seems like a no brainer. Make it a ride system where the guest is Scratchy and trying to outrun Itchy.

Otherwise, making the spinner themed to Radioactive Man (that already has a fake advertisement in the Simpsons Ride's queue) would be another great option.

iQe4IzC3vVXVw.jpg

iJTvEG2VayU9M.png

How about a Kang and Kodos themed Gravitron ride housed inside their giant UFO? This UFO could be built to look like it crashed into the area between MIB and the Simpsons effectively tying both themes together. They are in the Simpsons Ride and if the area outside the ride represents the world outside of Krustyland... Universal could come up with a unique story that explains how they crashed after getting into an argument over what's the real rip off in a theme park. They then invite humans (us) into their "gravometric chamber of fun" so we can unknowingly help them harness the power that they need to leave the planet. Universal would have to demo the weird Coke alien stand by MIB to fit this in but I think they could do it...although I doubt it would ever happen. :thumbs: