Springfield Expansion | Page 218 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^^I would certainly hope as well!

Does anyone know if most of the work going on behind the walls is happening primarily third shift? The past week I have been there I haven't seen many if any workers on the site .

Hey, just wanted to say the cups that Flaming Moe's come in actually come a part. The bottom part where the dry ice is held on with clear stickers. Take the stickers off, and twist, and pull. So you can always get some dry ice yourself and make "flaming" drinks yourself. Not sure what other uses you could come up for a glass made like that though!!

Was finally able to visit today and eat some of the great new food. I'm a fan of the Chicken and Waffles sandwich. The syrup mayo is interesting, makes for a great tater-tot dip though. Tried Duff. It was good, simple, nice aftertaste. I think I'll just stick to Strongbow from Finnegans.

Highlight was probably the huge Lard Lad's donut. My girlfriend and I barely finished it.

Also, not sure if it's already been mentioned, but the reason Duff is more expensive at Moe's is become it's a bigger size, than the one served at the Flaming Moe's booth.

YouTuber TheTimTracker posted a vlog of their recent trip to USF. The first half of the video showcases Fast Food Boulevard, while the second half is mostly about Transformers.

[video=youtube;yiNXsUPY3Pw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiNXsUPY3Pw[/video]

Hey, just wanted to say the cups that Flaming Moe's come in actually come a part. The bottom part where the dry ice is held on with clear stickers. Take the stickers off, and twist, and pull. So you can always get some dry ice yourself and make "flaming" drinks yourself. Not sure what other uses you could come up for a glass made like that though!!

Screencaps from the video above.....

iTZ2mPo6tV2YP.png

i2Rr6cRKHmc63.png

iKTtopBT2IFUS.png

What happens when you pour a Duff Beer into a Flaming Moe glass.....

iKq3IWrnyFZuv.png

ivoxcZssWD3RX.png

And since I haven't yet seen any photos of Duff Dry.....

in2MKEFRlwXit.png

Additionally, from a different video, is this the first sighting of Kang & Kodos' Twirl 'n' Hurl spinner parts onsite, or are those merely utility pipes?

iO8UlBsEfbUS.png

ibi4kDYkl0DTrE.png

Last edited:
The pipes you are referring to will more than likely be used for drainage :thumbs:

Bobs correct, that's SDR35 or 26 sewer pipe but also used for drainage. You can see a white fitting laying in between a few pieces of the pipe. I also can spot a cup of some sort sitting in one of the pipes, Simpsons version of the infamous Powerade bottle perhaps :lol:

Universal needs a new map design BADLY. Or at least try and update it to make it represent the park. All they do is Photoshop on the name of the attraction over whatever building was there in the past and call it a day. Would it really hurt to make the Maps actually reflect the park?

They do actually update them every time there is a major change. For example sound stage 33 is gone, amity is gone, ect. Due to the print process the maps are finalized about a month in advance.

Eh. I don't think they would have put them on the map like that if they were just going to come out with a new one in a few weeks, but maybe.
The maps are only good for anywhere from a single day to two weeks. So yea they would. It's not like Disney maps where the times are on a different paper.

It's still the same building, but Gru's house was added as a facade, which isn't reflected at all on the map.
They put the logo there instead. If the logo goes they'll put the house in.

Just posted by UOR's facebook:

Doh! JUST OPENED: Moe’s Tavern, Krusty Burger and more iconic Springfield eateries are now open at Universal Studios Florida.

For the first time ever, you can visit some of the eateries located on Springfield’s famed Fast Food Boulevard, including Krusty Burger, Moe’s Tavern, Cletus’ Chicken Shack, Lisa’s Teahouse of Horror, Luigi’s Pizza, Frying Dutchman, and Flaming Moe’s. Stay tuned for more details on when the other areas of Springfield will open.

Nothing new, but the promise of updates on the rest of the expansion.