Springfield Expansion | Page 255 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Found them.. Duff Gardens looks nearly complete and looks great! I need to head back to the parks but I might as well wait for the spinner to open as it looks like any day now it could be up and running. Is Lards Lads a walk-up window? I referred back to the concept pic and it looks exactly like it does in the pic, just hadn't paid it much attention I guess. This area is really going to pop once those walls come down :thumbs:

Highly doubt any soft openings soon. Here's another update from yesterday, over 30 pictures posted to our blog:

*Link removed, please see guidelines*

My apologizes. I didn't know I couldn't link to my blog pictures.

I walked around today as well and nothing else new, it really seems like the weather with the constant rain is slowing things down. I haven't even seen anyone working while I've been there.

Won't be long now...

BPY5jM6CIAATr0e.jpg

From WDWfanboyJohn

Reactions: Felipe
Honestly, I can't see myself eating anywhere at Universal than any of the Simpsons places for the near future. I'm not even a Simpsons fan but I just love how well they are theming this whole area to make you feel like you are stepping into Springfield. It is something USF really needs because I just feel like things are a bit random in this park. You walk in and you have minions, Shrek, HRRR, Mummy, Twister and Transformers all in one area and it is kind of weird IMO. It is part of why I like IOA better, the individual area theming is awesome. You feel as if you're in the Marvel universe, or in Jurassic Park or hopped right into the pages of Dr. Seuss. Universal needs more of this, keep up the good work. :thumbs:

With the taco truck in place, I am thinking this is going to be opening any day now. We all know that was one of the last things that was going to be put in place.

With the taco truck in place, I am thinking this is going to be opening any day now. We all know that was one of the last things that was going to be put in place.

Don't get too excited, the taco truck is in but some other things (a statue, a car,...) still need to be installed, and a lot of finishing touches. Might be a few more weeks still.

Fun fact: the taco truck is not an actual working vehicle, and had to be moved into place with a crane. But it does have blinged-out rims. ;-)