Springfield Expansion | Page 296 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Was out there tonight as well, and agree that this is a wonderful addition to the park. Great for the lil ones, as there really isn't a whole lot for the under 40 inches to ride there.

Onto some pics:

DSC_0522.JPG

DSC_0534.JPG

DSC_0536.JPG

DSC_0483.JPG

DSC_0509.JPG

DSC_0533.JPG

Looks like the lights aren't fully operational yet on the tentacles. Other than that the ride has a pretty awesome lighting package.

EDIT: Never mind. Saw on the video they seem to turn on randomly.

anybody know how busy the parks are? they starting to slow down?

Universal was a little slower (not much) yesterday than earlier in the week. That said, the crowds were much lighter after 7PM since it was blistering hot out. We walked on ET, and waited 25 for Rip Ride at 8:55.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like the lights aren't fully operational yet on the tentacles. Other than that the ride has a pretty awesome lighting package.

EDIT: Never mind. Saw on the video they seem to turn on randomly.

From what I could tell, when you line up and hit the targets, the lights on the tentacles would go on.

Great addition for the little ones! I'm gonna have to ride this at night haha :p it's a step in the right direction for making the parks more accessible to families!

Hey I thought Kodos was getting his space helmet on him? And does anybody know when they are painting the roads for Springfield?

- - - Updated - - -

I find that spinner completely underwhelming. I'm used to universal taking things to the "next level".

It's a kids spinner ride. And It's very well themed. What else do you expect?

I find that spinner completely underwhelming. I'm used to universal taking things to the "next level".

I think the bar was just set way too high. They were never reinventing the wheel here. It was always going to be just a spinner. A well done spinner, but it's still as off the shelf as any other because that's all a spinner will ever be.