Springfield Expansion | Page 297 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the bar was just set way too high. They were never reinventing the wheel here. It was always going to be just a spinner. A well done spinner, but it's still as off the shelf as any other because that's all a spinner will ever be.

Ha, ha. Remember it is not Uni talking about it, we are the ones building up all of the hype.

But that is correct, it simply replaced a restaurant and made use of the underutilized space along the water.

Ha, ha. Remember it is not Uni talking about it, we are the ones building up all of the hype.

But that is correct, it simply replaced a restaurant and made use of the underutilized space along the water.

Oh of course. I never meant Universal. They have even advertised they can't possibly overhype it :lol:

It's a huge improvement in space utilization and a solid addition, for sure. But far from the best part of Springfield.

I think the bar was just set way too high. They were never reinventing the wheel here. It was always going to be just a spinner. A well done spinner, but it's still as off the shelf as any other because that's all a spinner will ever be.

And I agreed with your statement re: the dashboard. In hindsight, I think they were trying to avoid hiding the warning sign, or making it less significant for legal reasons. The restraints are mickey mouse after all.

And I agreed with your statement re: the dashboard. In hindsight, I think they were trying to avoid hiding the warning sign, or making it less significant for legal reasons. The restraints are mickey mouse after all.

Good theory. Didn't consider that. I think its just because it's not like a flying elephant, or flying fish. Everyone knows what to expect inside a spaceship so it's just more obvious when it's blank. Or even directions for up the controls. But legal probably did have something to do with it.

Can't believe teebs would have the audacity to be himself....the nerve. :blank:

I mean I know this has been asked but I mean how "next level" can you take a simple spinner? :lol: I would have to be there and judge how well it fits in with the krustyland theme but that really is the only thing I can think of.

I find that spinner completely underwhelming. I'm used to universal taking things to the "next level".

Universal needs to take a spinner to the next level? :rofl: nothing wrong with it - you can't fit anything but a flat ride along the lagoon anyways. It's ADDING rides rather than replacing - can't go wrong with that. And it's something else for little kids to do in a park catered to teens and adults at the moment. For a spinner, it looks nice and Universal isn't acting like it's groundbreaking. They didn't even advertise it :lol: whereas Disney would have fireworks, and a dedication by Iger and Mickey Mouse for the exact same thing :p

For every Transformers and Gringotts, you're gonna get a Twirl n' Hurl to balance out the mind-blowing E-tickets :)

Universal needs to take a spinner to the next level? :rofl: nothing wrong with it - you can't fit anything but a flat ride along the lagoon anyways. It's ADDING rides rather than replacing - can't go wrong with that. And it's something else for little kids to do in a park catered to teens and adults at the moment. For a spinner, it looks nice and Universal isn't acting like it's groundbreaking. They didn't even advertise it :lol: whereas Disney would have fireworks, and a dedication by Iger and Mickey Mouse for the exact same thing :p

Definitely can't accuse Universal of overhyping this new spinner. As of last night, its not even mentioned on their website.

Universal needs to take a spinner to the next level? :rofl: nothing wrong with it - you can't fit anything but a flat ride along the lagoon anyways. It's ADDING rides rather than replacing - can't go wrong with that. And it's something else for little kids to do in a park catered to teens and adults at the moment. For a spinner, it looks nice and Universal isn't acting like it's groundbreaking.

Not to mention they at least tried to do something more than plopping a spinner down with no thought(*cough*Aladdin's Magic Carpets*cough*Tricertops Spin*cough*) and gave it the interactive feature and some pretty spectacular theming. Add to that the creative script and I'm glad Uni at least put some level of effort into it

Not to mention they at least tried to do something more than plopping a spinner down with no thought(*cough*Aladdin's Magic Carpets*cough*Tricertops Spin*cough*) and gave it the interactive feature and some pretty spectacular theming. Add to that the creative script and I'm glad Uni at least put some level of effort into it

This. I'd say I'm pretty happy with the attraction. A simple addition, yes - but it adds so much more to the area.

Yeah, if anyone's responsible for over-hyping K&K, it's this forum. There are countless pages upon pages of speculation, hypothesizing, and hyper-analysis of every minute detail during construction. There's just no way it would live up to the unrealistic expectations.

I don't think Universal has advertised or even publicly mentioned Kang & Kodos much at all. It is a minor addition to the park, lets kids go ride while adults sit at Duffs. I'll probably never even go on it since most of my trips to Universal are by myself and it would be kind of creepy to go on a kid's spinner by yourself lol.

I don't think Universal has advertised or even publicly mentioned Kang & Kodos much at all. It is a minor addition to the park, lets kids go ride while adults sit at Duffs. I'll probably never even go on it since most of my trips to Universal are by myself and it would be kind of creepy to go on a kid's spinner by yourself lol.

Not really. I've ridden Dumbo by myself before.

I don't really see how it's creepy. :shrug: Although those kinds of rides are mostly targeted at kids, it still seems pretty accessible to the older crowd as well.

Sure, but it is not something I'd really feel comfortable doing by myself. I'm not that worried about it either, I've gone on plenty of spinners.

I did it once the new one opened to check it out.

The only thing I wish TNH had was water/fountains underneath it like Dumbo does. Other than that it's pretty great.

Speaking of which...
Is the spinner super uncomfortable? There are no water features, no shade, just concrete and plastic it seems like. I would imagine riding that thing (or at least waiting for it to load) must be miserable.

A spinner is a spinner is a spinner. Regardless of our nitpicking at the details (which will always happen because we all have different preferences, tastes, and expectations), the fact that Universal brightened up this previously dead area and added yet another new ride to the count is highly commendable. I have my nitpicks, and I enjoy sharing them as well as hearing others', but the bottom line for me is that Universal keeps greatly improving, and I love it! That's why they keep getting my business :cheers:

The only thing I wish TNH had was water/fountains underneath it like Dumbo does. Other than that it's pretty great.

I don't know if the water fountains would work as well here as it does with Dumbo, plus could you imagine the cries from certain fans saying that they copied it from Dumbo? :look: But I think it would've been quite cool if Kodos "drooled" and "spat" :p

I don't like the outer tentacles. Thy should be curved the same way as the ones on the ride.

I also noticed a security camera on a tentacle. Its a camera they would have in a supermarket. They should've hid it.