Springfield Expansion | Page 302 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anyone there today? is there a new map?

- - - Updated - - -

dsc05693.jpg

Do you see the Ferris wheel. Just in case they do build one

I think the sign is actually in one of the episodes. I may be wrong but it looks very familiar to me.

Hmmm interesting then. I'll look into it.

*10 minutes later of google*

Looks like there's no official entry sign. Several have been created for various purposes (TV, video games, etc). The one featured at the entrance at USF is a large scale reproduction of a metal sign that's been available for purchase. So that might be as official as it gets. Variants of the sign are also used for the actual expansion at USF.

As someone who doesnt live in florida, why is there such a slow down on finishing details? Is the weather bad again down there?

Its sad that Universal isnt advertising the Springfield expansion more. It isnt even on the park map yet...

I'd say that since they are still in soft opening status, that you won't see it in ads or the park map till it until they officially open it.

As someone who doesnt live in florida, why is there such a slow down on finishing details? Is the weather bad again down there?

It could be a number of things: Weather, Things not arriving on time, Fox's approval, broken things, etc

Does anyone know if the Krustyland sign is still a go?

I think the sign is actually in one of the episodes. I may be wrong but it looks very familiar to me.
It's familiar to me only because its printed on the napkins.. Took our son there this weekend for his birthday, first we had been since the walls came down and I thought the area looked GREAT. Krusty Burgers for all and we all shared a giant pink "Lard Lad Donut" :thumbs: Unfortunately we did not get to ride Kangs, waited 1/2 hour then they closed due to a maintenance issue, not sure what happened but they were walking around inspecting the outsides of each car with a flashlight (and there were 2 cars already roped off before this stop) maybe next time.. And as for whether or not The Love Tester is still there?? "Casanova" can confirm it was there Saturday night :p

Some new stuff I seen today, I'm sure some of this has already been discussed. I know that @CaptMichael87 tweeted the Duff Gardens Banner pics a week or so back.

DSC_0680.JPG

DSC_0681.JPG

DSC_0691.JPG

DSC_0689.JPG

Location of new sign

DSC_0683.JPG

Said banners...
DSC_0685.JPG

DSC_0687.JPG

The Springfield sign reminds me of my signature. Did they copy me? :p

I'm looking forward to the rest of the stuff being completed, it looks great already, so I can only imagine how cool it will be when it's finished.

The weather is not actually bad, it just seems more unpredictable than usual. There is basically a light shower every day, it is just at random times. Traditionally there has always been similar showers this time of year, but it was previously a lot easier to schedule around (same time every day). This can be killer for construction because there are many things that must be stopped a few hours before rain, but if you do not know when that'll be you may need to be extra careful.

Thanks for all the answers everyone! I just thought it was strange because the project was at such a rapid pace, and now it feels like were waiting a bit again.

Thanks for the pics, King_K and AllAroundOrlando! :thumbs:

I was expecting the sign to go on the other side, but it's cool that it's actually on the right side. That way the first thing you see there isn't the big plain green wall from the bathrooms. I do hope there's more coming to the bathrooms side of Androids, though, since after you pass the sign there's still a big plain green wall :p

I went a couple days ago and Simpsons ride was 15 min wait and kang and kodos was 30 min.Also fast food was so backed up that they could not let anyone buy food cause all the seats were taken!