Springfield Expansion | Page 300 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not only that, the plush prizes they're giving away probably cost a buck at most to make and handle. They charge what, five bucks to play? They'd be making a healthy profit if every single person won.

Yes, it is funny how some people do not realize that.

Anyways, here is where I see a Ferris Wheel going:

KrustylandFerriswheel.png

And that should not eat into the larger expansion areas, where they can put in mega E-Ticket rides.

Are there no other family friendly / no height restriction rides we can think of other than a Ferris wheel :shrug:

That's what I figured when I read it :smiley:

"family friendly / no height restriction" is not my motivator here, it fits the theme of the area I am suggesting. This was a concept I had when the Springfield expansion first started. It would finish off the Krustyland area, and only take up space that is currently not being used.

I noticed a few others suggesting a Ferris Wheel in London or in front of FFL, and that does not work for me. You don't want to fudge up the London facades, and FFL should be replaced with one of their new style mega E-Ticket rides.

Guys - the solution to "building out the park" is not to add an off the shelf attraction to each area. If that's what the majority of the family attractions are, the kids are better off going to the county fair where they can ride those rides without the window dressing and at half the cost. What the park needs are family *attractions,* full on experiences - dark rides, boat rides, shows that don't involve killer robots. Disney excels at this, providing small scale attractions that flesh out the park's major attractions (many of which are fairly accessible to younger children).

Twirl N Hurl is a great addition because that half of the park desperately needed some kinetic energy, and nothing else could conceivably fit there (both practically and in terms of theme). But that doesn't mean we should throw a random drop tower, a swing ride, and a ferris wheel wherever we can fit one and declare the park "fleshed out."

Guys - the solution to "building out the park" is not to add an off the shelf attraction to each area. If that's what the majority of the family attractions are, the kids are better off going to the county fair where they can ride those rides without the window dressing and at half the cost. What the park needs are family *attractions,* full on experiences - dark rides, boat rides, shows that don't involve killer robots. Disney excels at this, providing small scale attractions that flesh out the park's major attractions (many of which are fairly accessible to younger children).

Twirl N Hurl is a great addition because that half of the park desperately needed some kinetic energy, and nothing else could conceivably fit there (both practically and in terms of theme). But that doesn't mean we should throw a random drop tower, a swing ride, and a ferris wheel wherever we can fit one and declare the park "fleshed out."

This.

Okay, lets put something that fits the Krustyland theme in that empty plot of grass. I know what, a Ferris Wheel.

Okay, lets put something that fits the Krustyland theme in that empty plot of grass. I know what, a Ferris Wheel.

Well you missed the point of his post. :lol:

Regardless, this will be the extent of Simpsons expansion. That plot of land will be reserved for something else.

I don't understand why people want a Ferris Wheel so much. It's not like there's very many attractive views it could give you of the park, especially if it were in that location.

I'm okay with another flat ride being added to the Krustyland area, but I think a Ferris Wheel is not the right choice for the area. Personally, a teacup or music express spinner would work better, but no more than that.

I too think Fallow is pretty spot on about how they should not go into flat ride overload.

This is Universal Orlando, the resort that created groundbreaking rides such as Kongfrontation, Spider-Man, MIB, Forbidden Journey, and Transformers. They have the ability to whip out so much more creative and innovative things for families than just simple spinners that have been around for almost a century.

I agree.

But that's not just an empty plot of grass. It's also the area that leads in to the expansion plot between MiB and the Simpsons ride.

Well you missed the point of his post. :lol:

That was a joke, because it was posted right after my explanation of why it does work for those very reasons.

I agree.
But that's not just an empty plot of grass. It's also the area that leads in to the expansion plot between MiB and the Simpsons ride.

I am talking about inside Krustyland, the transition path would remain between MiB and Simpsons.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I am talking about inside Krustyland, the transition path would remain between MiB and Simpsons.

The base for it might be in Krustyland, but the rest would overlap with the area that goes into the expansion plot. At least the way you pictured it. Ferris wheels are big! I don't think it'd work.

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o671/MonsterJack76/20130815_153321_zpsa0099800.jpg see..no walls between the hotdog stand and Kang N Kodos..just tables :lol:

20130815_153321_zpsa0099800.jpg

I wonder if these tables are temporary and the Simpsonize photo-booth is soon to come, or if it was cut? :shrug:

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, look at the black boxes in the background and there's a lid / cover thing on the ground under one of the legs of the left-most table, so there's definitely something else coming here. :cheers:

Thanks for the pic, Jack! :thumbs:

Last edited: