Springfield Expansion | Page 306 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looks like the site is finally back up!!! :)
But we lost a few days of posts... :-(
Oh well!

In other news, the new park map (through 8/30) has not changed, K&K is still "coming soon" and Springfield USA is not broken out or visually depicted. Maybe September?

Looks like the site is finally back up!!! :)
But we lost a few days of posts... :-(
Oh well!

In other news, the new park map (through 8/30) has not changed, K&K is still "coming soon" and Springfield USA is not broken out or visually depicted. Maybe September?

Maybe once all the details are in? I think it should be any day now, since it's officially advertised as open.

Haven't heard much about the success/availability of the Springfield Waterfront Cinespec Viewing package that they were offering a few weeks ago. Reserved waterfront seating, a beverage from Duff Gardens and a cupcake or a donut- for $15 I think.

Has anyone tried it recently? Is it popular? Was this just a trial or is it still offered? Is it still $15/person?

Haven't heard much about the success/availability of the Springfield Waterfront Cinespec Viewing package that they were offering a few weeks ago. Reserved waterfront seating, a beverage from Duff Gardens and a cupcake or a donut- for $15 I think.

Has anyone tried it recently? Is it popular? Was this just a trial or is it still offered? Is it still $15/person?
Still offered as of last night, I did it opening week and may again tonight. The $30 CineSpec dining package at Mythos is an even better deal, if you order steak...

Still offered as of last night, I did it opening week and may again tonight. The $30 CineSpec dining package at Mythos is an even better deal, if you order steak...

Thanks, Seth.

I'd love to hear about your experience if you go tonight. (How crowded, what drinks are available, how early you can get a table etc.)

If it isn't super crowded, they apparently abandon the more structured seating process. I was told yesterday to sit wherever I'd like and to ignore any "reserved" signs.

I watched cone spec from duff twice, it might of just been that night but the water screen infront of us was very fuzzy (not clear) this might be the ways the light reflects.

I found it to be a poor viewing location.

The best seats are on the water behind Duff Brewery bar, lined up with the center of the screen and the projector barge. Thought the video looked great from there, had fireworks on both sides of me, and good view of the fountains. I still prefer the view from Central Park or dead-center Battery Park, but I really appreciated having a table and seat.
BTW, the desert is your choice of 1 of the $2 mini-cupcakes served in FFB and any non-alcoholic drink (including squishee or buzz) EXCEPT a Flaming Moe.

- - - Updated - - -

I watched cone spec from duff twice, it might of just been that night but the water screen infront of us was very fuzzy (not clear) this might be the ways the light reflects.

They've had some intermittent issues with that water screen going into the wrong mode mid-show, making the image misty, but I thought they got it fixed. Will check it out tonight.

Watched it four times last year while on vacation. The Central (Battery) Park area by the railing in front of the background boulders was the spot we most enjoyed.

Call me critical, but I am disappointed in the way the area looks from across the lake. It would look nice, if that dirty, grey concrete wall was removed and replaced with another kind of wall. They could have at least cleaned it. But maybe they are planning to do so in the future(?).

Call me critical, but I am disappointed in the way the area looks from across the lake. It would look nice, if that dirty, grey concrete wall was removed and replaced with another kind of wall. They could have at least cleaned it. But maybe they are planning to do so in the future(?).

Feel the same way. The concrete wall clashes pretty badly with all the brickwork.