Springfield Expansion | Page 308 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
20zu48w.jpg

I always love these quiet little touches Universal does in their areas. Hopefully we'll see stuff like this in London when it opens.

I was actually referring to how I called this in June :lol: Only reason I bring it up is because someone somewhere was doubting this addition. So just had to rub it in...

From the opening of my Stash Volume 2

As we pass through Springfield USA (Yes were passing through, I mean what else can I give you? ) Well I take that back. Lets just hope they didn’t cut effects like the spill, choking, and blinky to name a few when they increased the budget again for the faux brick work in Duff Gardens. As I enjoy the full bar at Duff and eat fresh finger foods like Nachos, Twister Taters, and Potato Skins I find myself looking at two gentlemen goofing off with cameras and some serious computer equipment. Seems they have found a way to turn guests into Simpsons and offer that picture up for sale on several forms of merchandise. I couldn’t help but take a look at how I might look Simpsonized. The photo was very impressive and I had to have a mug to pour my beer into as we continue our tour.

1 point for HTF, 0 for other person. Just wondering, is Duff Gardens still going to get Nachos, Twister Taters, and Potato Skins at the bar?

Anyone else disappointed about the food offerings at Duff Brewery?
I don't think they are done yet. They literally opened the bar as soon as construction was completed. Give them time. Of course, you could basically fall down from a bar stool in any direction and hit a food venue...

Finally got a chance to ride Twirl n Hurl today, and all in all, I'm very satisfied with how it turned out. Great little jokes and sight gags as well as a nice sense of interactivity. Just goes to show how professional Universal has gotten, as they were able to take a simple little flat ride and add a truly unique and special touch to it.

I don't think they are done yet. They literally opened the bar as soon as construction was completed. Give them time. Of course, you could basically fall down from a bar stool in any direction and hit a food venue...

Got a strong feeling we will see Nachos, Twisted Taters, Potato Skins, Hot Dogs, and Popcorn coming to the Gardens during the evening hours and if successful brought into all day ops.

Got a strong feeling we will see Nachos, Twisted Taters, Potato Skins, Hot Dogs, and Popcorn coming to the Gardens during the evening hours and if successful brought into all day ops.

I like the sound of that! Yummm! And HTF did you happen to see my dark rides list? lol I'm wondering if your going to think I'm Mad(crazy) haha

When K&K opened someone mentioned these camera type devices were IR sensors for the targets. I'm not sure if anyone verified or corrected this but I think they are cameras since there's a monitor at the rides controls and they aren't at the height the targets are triggered.
9638081181_aeb1e909e3_h.jpg

Also, I saw this in a video from Inside The Magic. I'm pretty sure this is the IR sensor.
9638064775_7dffccb49a_h.jpg

When K&K opened someone mentioned these camera type devices were IR sensors for the targets. I'm not sure if anyone verified or corrected this but I think they are cameras since there's a monitor at the rides controls and they aren't at the height the targets are triggered.

Also, I saw this in a video from Inside The Magic. I'm pretty sure this is the IR sensor.

I believe you are correct; the impression I got from riding was that the large black fixtures are just generic CCTV cameras while the small rectangular boxes slightly below the targets are the sensors for effect triggering.

I believe you are correct; the impression I got from riding was that the large black fixtures are just generic CCTV cameras while the small rectangular boxes slightly below the targets are the sensors for effect triggering.

Correct. All universal rides and shows are monitored and recorded. To get a good shot of the ride the cameras unfortunately have to be a little obvious.

If there's one complaint I have about the fast food boulevard, it's the small selection of clips playing on the monitors. I don't know how much licensing goes into it but seeing the same six clips from the show play over and over was slightly disappointing. Having said that, I laughed every single time.

If there's one complaint I have about the fast food boulevard, it's the small selection of clips playing on the monitors. I don't know how much licensing goes into it but seeing the same six clips from the show play over and over was slightly disappointing. Having said that, I laughed every single time.

Last I heard there working on acquiring longer clips

Wasn't the park map supposed to be updated weeks ago by now? This is really getting ridiculous. Fast Food Boulevard and The Simpsons Ride are still in "World Expo" with no sign of Springfield. Is there some sort of contractual issue that is holding the map update up?