Springfield Expansion | Page 307 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lower level VIP area of Duff Gardens was nearly empty tonight, with a ton of people crowded around the free tables behind the bar. That water screen seemed to be working fine tonight.

I was disappointed to discover FFB now closes a full hour before the park does. Stop by Guest Service and let them know we need to be able to eat chicken & waffles during CineSpec!

^Most counter services close earlier than that, you're lucky it's open til when it is. Meal Deal locations generally stay open the latest and even those are half hour before the park closes. It takes a lot of work to close down a restaurant every night, often up to an hour or more, and from what I've seen in FFB, the business it does in the last few hours of operation does not justify paying employees to stick around later than they already do. Guest services complaints can be handy, but the operations of the park/hours of employees rarely change because of them.

Hey the PhotoConnect Simpsonize Me booth was up as of today. They had the awnings down and were working inside all day. Sorry no pics though.

^Most counter services close earlier than that, you're lucky it's open til when it is. Meal Deal locations generally stay open the latest and even those are half hour before the park closes. It takes a lot of work to close down a restaurant every night, often up to an hour or more, and from what I've seen in FFB, the business it does in the last few hours of operation does not justify paying employees to stick around later than they already do. Guest services complaints can be handy, but the operations of the park/hours of employees rarely change because of them.

In the past, the three anchor QS locations (Mel's, Louie's, & IFFF) were always open until 30 min before park close, and Mel's is usually open until closing. Monsters replaced FFB on the meal deal but closes early, and FFB was open until 30 before until last week.

I watched a steady stream of people try to enter FFB and walk away confused during the hour before CineSpec, enough I would think to cover the miserly pay the F&B team earns. Bad business decision or no, if they are going to close their brand new signature eatery that early they should have a sign on the door and note it in the park map.

In the past, the three anchor QS locations (Mel's, Louie's, & IFFF) were always open until 30 min before park close, and Mel's is usually open until closing. Monsters replaced FFB on the meal deal but closes early, and FFB was open until 30 before until last week.

That is essentially exactly what I said.

I watched a steady stream of people try to enter FFB and walk away confused during the hour before CineSpec, enough I would think to cover the miserly pay the F&B team earns. Bad business decision or no, if they are going to close their brand new signature eatery that early they should have a sign on the door and note it in the park map.

A steady stream of people in your opinion doesn't necessarily equate to profits, especially with a dining outlet of FFB's size. Besides that, I've only been to FFB during evening hours and I've never waited in a line or had to scout a table...place is usually dead (and I haven't even been since busy season technically ended). So maybe I'm just a super lucky guy but from what I know, having worked in the dining industry ages ago, there's no justification to keep FFB open any later than any other restaurant, especially not the Meal Deal locations.

Updates from today:

DSC_0843.JPG

Roped off now :/

DSC_0841.JPG

Were the "bricks" always there?

DSC_0844.JPG

DSC_0849.JPG

DSC_0856.JPG

Neon facing lagoon

IMG_0025.JPG

Photo booth

DSC_0850.JPG

Back of photo booth

I was actually referring to how I called this in June :lol: Only reason I bring it up is because someone somewhere was doubting this addition. So just had to rub it in...

From the opening of my Stash Volume 2

As we pass through Springfield USA (Yes were passing through, I mean what else can I give you? ) Well I take that back. Lets just hope they didn’t cut effects like the spill, choking, and blinky to name a few when they increased the budget again for the faux brick work in Duff Gardens. As I enjoy the full bar at Duff and eat fresh finger foods like Nachos, Twister Taters, and Potato Skins I find myself looking at two gentlemen goofing off with cameras and some serious computer equipment. Seems they have found a way to turn guests into Simpsons and offer that picture up for sale on several forms of merchandise. I couldn’t help but take a look at how I might look Simpsonized. The photo was very impressive and I had to have a mug to pour my beer into as we continue our tour.